Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Real Life MPG Figures

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on share tips on how to maximise MPG figures on the new NX

Having only had it since Friday i did a short trip on b-roads on Friday night and managed to get just under 60MPG and i was very happy with that..

However i went on a longer (25 mile) trip on Saturday that was a mixture of dual carraigeway, motorway and b-roads (mainly driving at around 70mph) and managed 42MPG 

I wasn't racing at all, was in normal driving mode and used radar cruise control to ensure i didnt exceed the speed limit but honestly expected to get more mileage. 

What shift range, driving mode do you tend to use on the motorway and what MPG do you expect?

7 hours ago, Mattsneaker said:

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on share tips on how to maximise MPG figures on the new NX

Having only had it since Friday i did a short trip on b-roads on Friday night and managed to get just under 60MPG and i was very happy with that..

However i went on a longer (25 mile) trip on Saturday that was a mixture of dual carraigeway, motorway and b-roads (mainly driving at around 70mph) and managed 42MPG 

I wasn't racing at all, was in normal driving mode and used radar cruise control to ensure i didnt exceed the speed limit but honestly expected to get more mileage. 

What shift range, driving mode do you tend to use on the motorway and what MPG do you expect?

You also got to remember the  engine is new and still tight and mpg should improve as time elapses.

After 5000 miles my reading is showing 48.2 mpg average and this is what I work on, not the one off,s you can get showing 60+ mpg.

The car is driven in std mode, air .con on and no cruise control and journeys vary from 200 miles to 15 miles on all types of roads. This also includes towing a trailer with two motorcycles on.

Very happy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links