Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking to buy RCF 2015

Hi guys. I’m new there. Thinking to buy a RCF. I have received one offer from local dealership about 30K for RCF white and 44000 miles cover, major service done last year. Is this a good deal? Or turn to 32.5K 26000 miles 2018 bmw m4 competition ? I really need some advices.

Hello. Most used RCFs are somewhere around the £30-35k mark so that sounds pretty reasonable, but really as with any car it depends on condition, how well maintained it is, stuff like that. Don't just take the dealers word for it, ask to see the service history, ask to look underneath the car, give it a decent test drive, the more you do the more confident you'll be that it's a good buy. You want to find out about any little issues before you buy the car, not after.

As for the M4 no one can answer that for you and I think you should drive both and then decide for yourself which one you like more. I can't comment too much as I haven't driven an M4, but the general consensus is they are a bit more sporty and feel quicker because of the torque from that turbocharged engine. That doesn't mean they are a better car overall, but it depends what you're after. Try to look at each car as a whole and figure out what fits you better.

The F will be around longer after the BMW has thrown many of its inevitable tantrums 😉

Check what spec the F is in comparison to the M4 and once you've found the F spec, come back to the forum and ask what is standard and what really is an 'option', you'll be surprised what some dealers mark as 'optional extras' that actually came with the car as standard 😛

I agree with Rob re: driving both, two different engines, one might suit your driving style more than the other and you'll have a gut reaction of what you like more. Also further agree about proving its had the major service/ service history.

I wanted mine because it wasn't a BMW/ Audi/ Merc, I love having something different, rather than something everyone else drives.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

The F will be around longer after the BMW has thrown many of its inevitable tantrums 😉

Check what spec the F is in comparison to the M4 and once you've found the F spec, come back to the forum and ask what is standard and what really is an 'option', you'll be surprised what some dealers mark as 'optional extras' that actually came with the car as standard 😛

I agree with Rob re: driving both, two different engines, one might suit your driving style more than the other and you'll have a gut reaction of what you like more. Also further agree about proving its had the major service/ service history.

I wanted mine because it wasn't a BMW/ Audi/ Merc, I love having something different, rather than something everyone else drives.

A great post Kieran.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Seems very cheap for that specification.

I thought the same tbh, M4 comp with lowish miles should be around £40k. Be careful @Zmms0918, I'd be wondering what's wrong with it.

18 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Hello. Most used RCFs are somewhere around the £30-35k mark so that sounds pretty reasonable, but really as with any car it depends on condition, how well maintained it is, stuff like that. Don't just take the dealers word for it, ask to see the service history, ask to look underneath the car, give it a decent test drive, the more you do the more confident you'll be that it's a good buy. You want to find out about any little issues before you buy the car, not after.

As for the M4 no one can answer that for you and I think you should drive both and then decide for yourself which one you like more. I can't comment too much as I haven't driven an M4, but the general consensus is they are a bit more sporty and feel quicker because of the torque from that turbocharged engine. That doesn't mean they are a better car overall, but it depends what you're after. Try to look at each car as a whole and figure out what fits you better.

Thanks Rob. You helped me a lot.

I have booked the road test this week. Lets see what I will find. Btw I like RCF more than M4 otherwise I will not post here 🙂. The only reason I post this is that I am not sure the price market for 2015 RCF, cuz I may need change a bigger or family car after 2 years. I have to consider the trader value in the mean time. The sales say the car is partial service history. I am wondering is this will affct the car's quality or not? And, what do I need care particular for a 7 years old lexus rcf? Any upcoming/potential costs? 

Best wishes

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

I thought the same tbh, M4 comp with lowish miles should be around £40k. Be careful @Zmms0918, I'd be wondering what's wrong with it.

Indeed, this might be a trap. Lets see whats going on after I tested ths car.

16 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

A great post Kieran.

Great post. I prefer RCF instead M4 otherwise I wont post this :).

May I ask is there any potencial/upcoming costs for 7rs RCF? I have booked road test this wk.

5 minutes ago, Zmms0918 said:

The sales say the car is partial service history. I am wondering is this will affct the car's quality or not? And, what do I need care particular for a 7 years old lexus rcf? Any upcoming/potential costs?

The car itself won't have an issue missing a service but that is a red flag that the owner hasn't looked after it, or has been maintaining it on the cheap. What tyres are on it, what brake disc/pads have been used etc.

60k miles requires new spark plugs which increases the service cost at that time, and coolant change at 10 years/100k miles. Other than that there isn't anything unexpected, just normal minor/major services (which will give you 12 month warranty free if you get it done at a Lexus dealer) and expensive road tax.

• Like 2

If it helps, I paid £26,500 for my 2015 model with 70k miles and the Mark Levison sound system from an outer London area dealer about 2 weeks ago. Only faults were some minor marks on alloys and a bit of wear on the driver seat bolster. Full service history. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, k80 said:

If it helps, I paid £26,500 for my 2015 model with 70k miles and the Mark Levison sound system from an outer London area dealer about 2 weeks ago. Only faults were some minor marks on alloys and a bit of wear on the driver seat bolster. Full service history. 

It really helps. Good price. Compared yours, I think the one I willing to buy has some potenical issues for sure. 

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

The car itself won't have an issue missing a service but that is a red flag that the owner hasn't looked after it, or has been maintaining it on the cheap. What tyres are on it, what brake disc/pads have been used etc.

60k miles requires new spark plugs which increases the service cost at that time, and coolant change at 10 years/100k miles. Other than that there isn't anything unexpected, just normal minor/major services (which will give you 12 month warranty free if you get it done at a Lexus dealer) and expensive road tax.

Thanks a lot. I will check the service history those paper work :)

On 10/2/2022 at 11:45 AM, Zmms0918 said:

Hi guys. I’m new there. Thinking to buy a RCF. I have received one offer from local dealership about 30K for RCF white and 44000 miles cover, major service done last year. Is this a good deal? Or turn to 32.5K 26000 miles 2018 bmw m4 competition ? I really need some advices.

BTW, if someone want to sell thier RCF please let me know.

I had a pretty similar decision to make alongside a couple of other options. I went with the RCF based on the NA engine, reliability, rarity and looks. The M4 is definitely the faster car if that's important to you, both in a straight line and on the track. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links