Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mobile Phone contacts transfer problem

I hope someone can help me please. I have recently purchased a 2013 450H to replace my ageing, but wonderful LS430. I have a Motorola G5 which I bought new almost 4 years ago and which is definately the best phone I have ever had, including far more expensive ones. My problem is the Bluetooth setup with the car. The car sees my phone and can receive calls, but, try as I may, I cannot transfer my contacts to it. I did, admittedly, have similar problems with the LS430, but thought the problem would not manifest itself on the newer car. I contacted Motorola UK whose opinion is that it is due to the Lexus Bluetooth protocol and that, consequently, they could offer no help. My wife's Iphone connects and transfers contacts with no problem. It looks as if I will be forced to offload this excellent phone, but am worried about which Android phone will solve the problem. (I am not an Iphone fan) I would be most grateful for any advice from anyone who may have experienced similar issues.

28 minutes ago, Mikedo said:

I hope someone can help me please. I have recently purchased a 2013 450H to replace my ageing, but wonderful LS430. I have a Motorola G5 which I bought new almost 4 years ago and which is definately the best phone I have ever had, including far more expensive ones. My problem is the Bluetooth setup with the car. The car sees my phone and can receive calls, but, try as I may, I cannot transfer my contacts to it. I did, admittedly, have similar problems with the LS430, but thought the problem would not manifest itself on the newer car. I contacted Motorola UK whose opinion is that it is due to the Lexus Bluetooth protocol and that, consequently, they could offer no help. My wife's iPhone connects and transfers contacts with no problem. It looks as if I will be forced to offload this excellent phone, but am worried about which Android phone will solve the problem. (I am not an iPhone fan) I would be most grateful for any advice from anyone who may have experienced similar issues.

I cannot answer for your particular vehicle, but Android phones have never caused an issue for me.  What version of Android are you using? I have not experienced any issues using Android 10, 11 or 12. 

Hi Maurice

Thank you for your quick response. My phone uses Android 8, which gives me no problem. You do not say whether your phone is a Motorola model. If so, which one please?

1 hour ago, Mikedo said:

I hope someone can help me please. I have recently purchased a 2013 450H to replace my ageing, but wonderful LS430. I have a Motorola G5 which I bought new almost 4 years ago and which is definately the best phone I have ever had, including far more expensive ones. My problem is the Bluetooth setup with the car. The car sees my phone and can receive calls, but, try as I may, I cannot transfer my contacts to it. I did, admittedly, have similar problems with the LS430, but thought the problem would not manifest itself on the newer car. I contacted Motorola UK whose opinion is that it is due to the Lexus Bluetooth protocol and that, consequently, they could offer no help. My wife's iPhone connects and transfers contacts with no problem. It looks as if I will be forced to offload this excellent phone, but am worried about which Android phone will solve the problem. (I am not an iPhone fan) I would be most grateful for any advice from anyone who may have experienced similar issues.

From memory, I think when I had my 2011 RX450h I had a Samsung S8 and then a Samsung S10 and had no problems transferring the contacts with those.

I use a Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite and have no problems whatsoever. When we had our 2013 RX I had an older phone, but again, no problems.

I think it's more likely to be a setting somewhere that isn't correct because most Bluetooth problems occur on the music side of things, when you're trying to use the phone as a media player and is usually because the (older) car Bluetooth doesn't have the A2DP protocol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikedo said:

Hi Maurice

Thank you for your quick response. My phone uses Android 8, which gives me no problem. You do not say whether your phone is a Motorola model. If so, which one please?

Currently using Nokia phones, no problems at all. Android 8 is quite old now, but I suspect one of the settings needs to be changed on the car.

I thank everyone for their contributions, particularly Brian's. I did connect to the address he gave me and it did confirm that my phone should be ok, though there was a rider at the end that said no guarantees could be given. Itried agin to transfer my phonebook contacts...but still no joy!

Thanks again.

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links