Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just bought 10-plate Lexus IS250 F-Sport

Hi all,

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong thread but, I have just purchased a Lexus IS250 F-Sport on a 10-plate and have a few questions (never owned a Lexus before! But I am pleased thus far!) 

Under the hazard light button, there is a 'BOSE' logo. Is this normal for the car? Or has someone retrofitted it? Also, the car's got 165K on it (service history and well looked after by the previous owner -- with a gearbox oil change around 60K ago). What parts are likely to need changing in the coming months? 

Thank you for reading this

Congrats on the new car.

It definitely won't have a Bose audio system. The premium audio system option is Mark Levinson. Should be a logo next to the disc eject button, if your car has it.

Agreed about the spark plugs. They ought to have been changed at least once by now.

The radiator coolant is also supposed to be replaced at 100K miles.

Welcome to Lexus ownership. 
As well as all the above good points. See if you can find any previous service history for replacement of the water pump and new serpentine belt with fresh coolant, all being done together would make sense.

Also, has the Battery been changed, and have the calipers  been serviced. Greasing of the slide pins in the calipers is crucial … and Lexus don’t attend to this in servicing.

• Like 1

Thank you, all, for your help. I massively appreciate it (being new to Lexus ownership!)

I've established it's got the Mark Levinson sound system (someone has put 'BOSE' beneath the hazard lights for some reason); and the service history suggests that it had its last spark plugs change at around 140K, so they've got some live in them. Its Mot history has zero advisories on it for the past 5 years. So think I've had a good buy, in spite of the high millage. I'll put some pictures up in the coming days.

Finally (and I should've asked this in my first post) is the car compatible with E10 fuel? Trying to find a definitive answer for this. Thanks for reading this

Hi Mathew yes it looks like you've got a guddun. Since your car is a 2010 then you're ok to use E10. To confirm look on the gov website. Just type E10 compatability in Google. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links