Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cabin temperature in my 2009 RX 450H

I'm not able to increase the temperature in the car. The buttons indicate the temp required but no heat is produced. Could this be an airlock or something else. It's going to get colder soon so having a working heater would be good!  Anyone had the same issue/know how to resolve the issue? Thanks. Nigel

RX or GS? Title says RX but posted in GS forum.

Have you had your coolant changed recently, or is the level low? If not then I cannot see how an airlock has occurred and is more likely a diverter not moving. A blocked heater matrix could be the cause but these tend to get blocked slowly over time resulting in less and less heat rather than suddenly having no heat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, N13GEY said:

I'm not able to increase the temperature in the car. The buttons indicate the temp required but no heat is produced. Could this be an airlock or something else. It's going to get colder soon so having a working heater would be good!  Anyone had the same issue/know how to resolve the issue? Thanks. Nigel

Does the engine temperature gauge get to normal?

If the thermostat is stuck open that could be the cause.

On my 3rd Gen RX you move the central armrest to expose two rotary switches that you manually turn to control temperature.  These are part coloured red and blue.  I assume this arrangement was used on earlier RX cars. If so could adjustment there  be your problem?

The two switches in front of the arm rest on my 2010 RX 450H control the heated and ventilated seats.

The actual cabin temperature is controlled by the up and down arrow buttons on the dashboard, they are separate for both passenger and driver.

1 hour ago, Cypry 1 said:

The two switches in front of the arm rest on my 2010 RX 450H control the heated and ventilated seats.

The actual cabin temperature is controlled by the up and down arrow buttons on the dashboard, they are separate for both passenger and driver.

Same as my 2009

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links