Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500h ---> LC500

rsdave

Well I think my partner and I have really caught the Lexus bug! After getting our LC500h in May we've already traded it in against a beautiful Sonic Red V8! 

I can't knock the hybrid, it is exceptionally good for what it is, no issues at all with performance or economy, but of course it lacks that amazing V8 noise which you can only appreciate in person. 
Also the Sonic Red colour is just incredible!

IMG_6810.JPG

IMG_6811.JPG

IMG_6808.JPG

IMG_6843.JPG

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, RiverFred said:

My color is infrared, looks very similar, I wonder if it is the same color as sonic red? 

It’s the same. Mine needed one heck of a polish from the dealer but it came out really well. 

13 hours ago, shapiro said:

Congrats on the purchase! It will be even more of a head turner in that colour (what colour was the h?).

Sonic Silver. Original thread here:

4 hours ago, shapiro said:

What are your thoughts so far vs the hybrid? I imagine the hybrid feels a little less lazy in the lower RPMs? 

Possibly, but having driven them back to back, at lower speeds they seem reletively on-par. But once you open the throttle, or start playing with those paddles, the V8 is without doubt my favorite, the soundtrack is incomparable.  I still have my low-mileage GS450h (same engine as the 500h but without the 'multistage' gearbox) to compare against the 500, I like driving both to be honest.

34 minutes ago, rsdave said:

I still have my low-mileage GS450h (same engine as the 500h but without the 'multistage' gearbox)

Not much in it but there are a few other differences between the 8GR in the LC500h and the 2GR in the GS450h. Different VVTi, different intake, higher revving producing a little more power and torque, a small weight reduction and different emissions set up. 

Your new motor is looking great BTW 👍

Ha!! I've just picked up my new (used) LC500h in the same colour. First drive, 200 miles. First picture filling up with £125 of 99 Ron...

Many congratulations on your second. If I like this as much as I hope, I'm sure my bank balance will be itching at a V8 convertible!!!!

20221109_121944.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links