Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"Key Battery Low"

Damer

Just now, Ala Larj said:

My dealer wanted to charge me £12 to change the battery on my GS. Bought four Duracell off the internet for £3.99!

Changing the batteries in the key fobs, is quoted as part of the CT major service undertaken every two years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

My dealer wanted to charge me £12 to change the battery on my GS. Bought four Duracell off the internet for £3.99!

Here with Lexus / Toyota I once paid 5½€ and the Battery was installed in no time. Do not think they even look at the batteries in the remote key when servicing the car.

13 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Lexus Dealer will change key batteries at annual service f.o.c. if you ask him Norman.

Problem was it had full Lexus service history when I bought it although in another City. I presumed there was a chance they could have been responsible for the damage, as I believe it is normal practise for them to renew key batteries every Major service.

I cannot fault the customer service I now get at Birmingham Lexus, but my service instructions now are, Do not wash the car or change the fob battery 😉

\

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Poundy said:

I cannot fault the customer service I now get at Birmingham Lexus, but my service instructions now are, Do not wash the car or change the fob battery 😉

\

Understandable.

If Lexus should change batteries in the remotes we would have to bring all the remotes we have to service, and Lexus would need to register which remotes they have changed batteries in. Quite a low of paperwork for a very cheap item. Probably cheaper to replace Battery in each remote for every service.

50 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

If Lexus should change batteries in the remotes we would have to bring all the remotes we have to service, and Lexus would need to register which remotes they have changed batteries in. Quite a low of paperwork for a very cheap item. Probably cheaper to replace battery in each remote for every service.

I have a 40k service later this week, I will take both remotes in for them to change the batteries.

Must admit they do not remind you to do this.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links