Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I recently had the passenger rear wheel bearing replaced and since then the check vsc message appeared on the dash along with 4 lights associated with the traction control. the mechanic that replaced the bearing suggested that it could've been the ABS sensor so after having that replaced the message and the 4 lights disappeared.. They reappeared whilst I was on the motorway for an hour and have stayed on ever since, any ideas as to what it could be?

I'd suggest that the wiring to the ABS sensor has been damaged. Replacing the sensor possibly jiggled the wire enough for it to work again for a while.

It sounds as if it's the fault of the mechanic who replaced the wheel bearing.

• Like 2

Seconded. If your car had no lights on the dash before you took it to the mechanic then he/she did something to trigger it. However have you tried disconnecting the Battery for 30-45 minutes? This resets lots of things.

• 6 months later...

Hi Daniel. I actually forgot about this thread. I urge you to get a copy of techstream of eBay. You'll need the dedicated OBD plug. 

Look on other threads where you see VCS etc and you'll find what you need to get techstream. 

My thinking is that the fault you are seeing is a historical one. That is there IS'NT a current one.

Using techstream you can do a proper scan just as lexus do and clear codes easily. 

• Confused 1

Hi mate, thanks for the reply. Is there a specific version that I need? Don't suppose you could provide me with a link as I have no idea what I'm looking for lol.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124808047632?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=e2zvldr0qu6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=WKLhtmKvT-C&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I bought this one. There's 2 discs. One for Windows 7 and one for Windows 10/11. The seller is excellent with helping install it.

The cars are old so the latest versions of TS will not detect much more than say v11 or v12.

The cable hardware is also outdated and although can work in a 64bit environment, it is inconsistent from my experience (i'll save you the tech details).

I suggest to run TS from a 32bit operating system, seems very stable. The last Windows to use the 32bit framework is Windows 7 32 bit but XP/Vista will work fine.

You can run Windows 7 32 or Windows XP as a virtual machine from Windows 11 or 10 and (either using the built-in Hyper-v or a third party app) in it run TechStream.

Follow this vid to the dot and you should get there fairly easily. 

That's not a problem Daniel. You can by a CD drive that sits next to your computer and plugs in via USB.

I run techstream on Windows 10 without issues. The seller I got my copy from is very helpful in setting things up. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links