Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Road tax from 2024

Las Palmas

I have received a mail from ITV (MOT in UK) with 2 main information’s of interest.

First, they inform about the blessings of electric cars:

"24 Oct                The advantages of electric cars in Green+

Compared to last year, sales of electric cars have increased by 100% during the first half.

This is due to its multiple advantages over fuel vehicles.

Gasoline price €1.8 per liter. At that price is today the fuel. Gasoline is now 13% more expensive than a year ago. Diesel, with 25%, suffers an even greater increase.

It seems easy to assume that this is one of the main advantages of the electric car. Sustainability By choosing an electric vehicle, we are not only saving on fuel, but we are also investing in health for the planet. We will be using a sustainable and environmentally friendly means of transport, easy circulation in city zones.

The restrictions and limitations for gasoline or diesel vehicles leave the lane free (literally) for electric vehicles. They are the future, but they are already beginning to be the present and this is evident in the streets of our cities. In some cases, with free parking spaces in blue or green zones.

Given the importance of its implementation, there are aids for the purchase of electric cars, as well as for the installation of charging points. The Moves III Plan, for example, promoted by the Ministry of Ecological Transition, will offer up to €7,000 for the purchase of an electric vehicle. tax rebates Electric cars are exempt from paying registration tax, since they emit less than 120g of CO2 per km. In some cities, they also have a 75% discount on the municipal circulation tax. 0 emissions, 0 noise.

With an electric car you will even save on noise, something that pedestrians who cross your path will greatly appreciate. And your neighbors. more power Another of the advantages of the electric vehicle with respect to the fuel vehicle lies in the acceleration capacity. An electric one reaches the required speed much faster than a diesel or gasoline. At Applus+ we are committed to sustainability and the environment, which is why we applaud the proliferation of electric vehicles in the cities of our country.

Remember that, whatever your vehicle is like, at our stations we are prepared to give it an inspection. Request an ITV appointment and let's improve our future together."

Then they in the other information of interest they tell us what to expect in 2024: We will all have to pay for using the roads, more of these:

image.thumb.png.304e699d8d528669ed4757632f7660f3.png

We will all have to pay road tax, stop and pay when entering or leaving the roads:

"31 Oct                Free of tolls

In 2024 the Government intends to establish a payment method on all state highways, which will serve to pay for highways and highways. There are three groups that will be exempt from paying this toll, we will tell you who they are below. workers and students, if you are a worker and you are traveling between your home and work (or vice versa) you will not have to pay tolls on state highways. The same for students, those who travel to their study center will be free of this disbursement. health reasons Trips for health reasons, to a hospital, clinic or outpatient clinic, will also be free of tolls. It is an implementation in progress, which is why there are still some loose fringes, such as knowing if there will be quotas or how they will affect carriers. In any case, this measure aims to collect money directly and dedicate the General Budgets and taxes to other expenses, mostly of a social nature.

NO COMMENT"

So, the money government miss on hybrids registered before 2017 and electric cars, they will now get when we use the roads, with interest.

Is this only in Spain? Probably not!

https://blog.applusiteuve.com/las-ventajas-del-coche-electrico/?utm_campaign=comercial-cast-noviembre-12022&utm_medium=email&utm_source=acumbamail

https://blog.applusiteuve.com/libres-de-peajes/?utm_campaign=comercial-cast-noviembre-12022&utm_medium=email&utm_source=acumbamail

lots more  " big brother " watching one's every move to ensure one pays whatever and wherever you happen to be 

who pays for the CCTV etc installation and maintenance ?

Can i please be the Main Contractor in your State please .......  hahahahahahaha

Malc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

lots more  " big brother " watching one's every move to ensure one pays whatever and wherever you happen to be 

Can i please be the Main Contractor in your State please .......  hahahahahahaha

Malc

I think it is less "BIG brother than it is money instead of the money they lose when the first couple of years they will not make the misguided people that bought EV's too angry. This way it is more money in from all that drive on the road, and no need to remove the add-ons to those having bought a car not having a proper engine, but only have a laptop Battery and a sewing machine engine.

And who pays? We do!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Malc

In the past it used to be mobile phone operators, who offered to supply and maintain CCTV free to local authorities, in exchange for being able to put in a cell site.

6 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

damn  .  another opportunity lost for me to make my fortune then ........ will I ever be able to afford to trade-up to a newer Lexus 🤣

Malc

Do you really think that a newer Lexus will be more comfortable than the one you have?  😇

• Haha 1

not in the slightest .  nor more reliable, nor as quick and fast either .........  after all, I cannot drive at more than 30mph in most places, down to 20mph in many and neither greater than 70mph on the motorways ..........  

so I'll just tuck the odd £30/50/80/100/120k into my back pocket for that rainy day ............ do cars really cost that much these days .  cor blimey ....  wot a mountain to climb for those unfortunate enough not to own a Ls400 😇

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Malc1 said:

not in the slightest .  nor more reliable, nor as quick and fast either .........  after all, I cannot drive at more than 30mph in most places, down to 20mph in many and neither greater than 70mph on the motorways ..........  

so I'll just tuck the odd £30/50/80/100/120k into my back pocket for that rainy day ............ do cars really cost that much these days .  cor blimey ....  wot a mountain to climb for those unfortunate enough not to own a Ls400 😇

Malc

Absolutely no reason to want a new electric car that can go from zero to no longer having a driver’s license in 3 seconds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What an excellent video that is. As forcwho pays for what. Blimey it's ruddy obvious WE ALL DO. As for electric cars especially used ones. Autocar has published an article regarding the life span of a Battery. Things don't look good for used electric cars as their batteries lose capacity at a rate which I find shocking. A tesla loses 10% capacity in 3 years. That's one example. Tests done by reputable companies. 

That settles it. I'm sticking with petrol. 👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

What an excellent video that is. As forcwho pays for what. Blimey it's ruddy obvious WE ALL DO. As for electric cars especially used ones. Autocar has published an article regarding the life span of a battery. Things don't look good for used electric cars as their batteries lose capacity at a rate which I find shocking. A tesla loses 10% capacity in 3 years. That's one example. Tests done by reputable companies. 

That settles it. I'm sticking with petrol. 👍

The worst is not the money to buy new batteries are wasted. Worst is that we are destroying the earth to get raw materials for batteries, that last not very long, and doing that do not diminish the pollution at all, just moving it away from the cities of the rich to the places where poor live; and that the pollution will come to the cities of the rich a year or only a half later. Stupid people do stupid things.

Think of the landfill we make with all the combustion engines that with a little maintenance could last much longer.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links