Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 Meeting 2023

Lexiguy

Great News....STOP PRESS

I have had confirmation this morning from Juan that the annual meet will go ahead on Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th June 2023.

The Saturday will comprise of a series of workshops on different topics which have not been decided yet.

The Sunday will be a strictly non competitive display of SC430's and like last year we will be joined by the Soarer Club.

Both days are for owners and enthusiasts to see an array of vehicles, meet friends old and new, exchange information but above all to have fun!

It will be held at The Bear Inn, Spencer's Lane, Berkswell, Coventry, CV7 7BB.

Many like Juan and I will be booking in at hotels locally and I would advise you to get rooms booked promptly to stop dissapointment.

I will update this feed when more information is available, but please share with us any suggestions you may have. Also confirm if you know you will be attending.

Anthony

• Like 4

Further to my suggestion for a possible ‘PDR’ dent repair workshop on the Saturday, another idea could perhaps be a wheel ‘minor-repair-and-touch-up’ workshop.  Maybe someone on the forum has successfully done this on their own ‘kerbed’ wheels and would like to demo how they approached the job using materials readily available to us non-professionals?

• Like 2

20220709_125322.thumb.jpg.0008b745940ab12f7b2c2f678cfad8ae.jpg

If anyone is looking for accommodation then you could consider Haigh's Hotel and Restaurant in Balsall Common, it is family owned and run, I stayed there last year and it was very good and I felt confident that my car would be safe in the carpark overnight. 

Perry and I have both booked in for the Friday and Saturday nights.

They currently have 6 double rooms and 4 twin rooms available but to avoid disappointment it would be best to book early.

Anthony 

Another suggestion for a potential workshop item for the Saturday…..

Maybe someone in the know could step up to demonstrate all the drain holes to keep clear around the seals, sills, boot areas, etc.?  Though thankfully not too common a problem at the moment, our cars are getting older and may require careful maintenance in these areas in the near future. I notice from threads past and present that problem areas can affect the footwell, boot area and, in at least one case, even seatbelts where they retract into the B post.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Nick

Great to hear you can make the meet this year. 😀 

It is Saturday and Sunday, a two day event this year, please see hotels above if you are going to stay.

Your car is a great colour, especially in the sunshine. 

Anthony

6 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Nick

It is Saturday and Sunday, a two day event this year, please see hotels above if you are going to stay.

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for this. It's great to have the car out of storage, serviced and with a new set of Michelin Cross-Climates on. It's going to be my daily for the next few months and I love driving it. I may be bias but I think it is the best colour combo. I look forward to meeting you in June.

Best regards.

Nick

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/24/2023 at 12:40 AM, Lexiguy said:

Hi Nick

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

Is this still going ahead as planned do you know??

Best regards.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 10:51 PM, Lexiguy said:

Hi guys

Yes the event will go as planned 😊 

I will speak to Juan this week and post more information by the weekend.

Anthony 👍

Hi Anthony,

Is the meeting still scheduled for this weekend do you know?

Maybe it's something I've done but I no longer receive any notifications for this site at all now..🤔

Nick information from facebook below

Dear Members! 
Lexus SC-430 Club UK annual meet will take place over two days. We will be holding a Workshop on the 24th of June 2023 offering help and support installing modification purchased from SC430MODS then our car show and showing off will be on the 25th of June 2023, you are all invited to come alone, have a natter share some tips and have a bite to eat. We will not be judging any vehicles as I just want a nice relaxing chilled out day amongst SC430 owners.
This year’s location will be at the Bear Inn located on Spencer’s Ln, Berkswell, Coventry CV7 7BB. This makes the show more UK central.
The Bear Inn offers a fabulous parking area that has been located to us with direct access to the pub gardens and seating area. Also a private room located within the pub for the duration of the show. (Pet friendly) 
Really looking forward in seeing old and new faces as our group has doubled in members since last year. 
They are local hotels close to the venue. I personally will be booking at the Premier Inn Premier Inn Balsall Common (Near Nec) hotel.

53 minutes ago, 2ddesign said:

Dear Members! 
Lexus SC-430 Club UK annual meet will take place over two days. We will be holding a Workshop on the 24th of June 2023 offering help and support installing modification purchased from SC430MODS then our car show and showing off will be on the 25th of June 2023, you are all invited to come alone, have a natter share some tips and have a bite to eat. We will not be judging any vehicles as I just want a nice relaxing chilled out day amongst SC430 owners.
This year’s location will be at the Bear Inn located on Spencer’s Ln, Berkswell, Coventry CV7 7BB. This makes the show more UK central.
The Bear Inn offers a fabulous parking area that has been located to us with direct access to the pub gardens and seating area. Also a private room located within the pub for the duration of the show. (Pet friendly) 
Really looking forward in seeing old and new faces as our group has doubled in members since last year. 
They are local hotels close to the venue. I personally will be booking at the Premier Inn Premier Inn Balsall Common (Near Nec) hotel.

G

54 minutes ago, 2ddesign said:

Dear Members! 

On 6/6/2023 at 10:51 PM, Lexiguy said:

Hi guys

Yes the event will go as planned 😊 

I will speak to Juan this week and post more information by the weekend.

Anthony 👍

Hi Anthony,

Is the meeting still scheduled for this weekend do you know?

Maybe it's something I've done but I no longer receive any notifications for this site at all now..🤔

Hi Guys

Yes!!! The Lexus SC430 and Soarer meeting is definitely on this weekend. Everyone is welcome even if you are not going to arrive in a SC430! It will be great to meet all the new faces and cars as well as the regulars.

On Saturday there will be various workshops including popular ones like the fitting of modifications supplied by Calvin at SC430MODS.COM.

On Sunday there will be the main event and a display of the finest and well loved vehicles in our class.

There is a big carpark at the venue and there are several hotels in the vicinity. If anyone has any questions or needs any further help, do not hesitate to contact me.

It would be helpful for the organisers to know who is intending to join us and what days. Please let Juan know on the Facebook group or me on here.

Regards, Anthony 

Screenshot_20230622_075449_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0b23a14c7a8f3b52e4f67c786efde959.jpg

7 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi Guys

Yes!!! The Lexus SC430 and Soarer meeting is definitely on this weekend. Everyone is welcome even if you are not going to arrive in a SC430! It will be great to meet all the new faces and cars as well as the regulars.

On Saturday there will be various workshops including popular ones like the fitting of modifications supplied by Calvin at SC430MODS.COM.

On Sunday there will be the main event and a display of the finest and well loved vehicles in our class.

There is a big carpark at the venue and there are several hotels in the vicinity. If anyone has any questions or needs any further help, do not hesitate to contact me.

It would be helpful for the organisers to know who is intending to join us and what days. Please let Juan know on the Facebook group or me on here.

Regards, Anthony 

Screenshot_20230622_075449_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0b23a14c7a8f3b52e4f67c786efde959.jpg

ScreenShot2023-06-22at15_28_27.thumb.png.e329cbce3bbbb5b6a9003774d81bb78d.pngThanks, got it on FB too now..

Sad to be missing this event, but I'm not fit enough to travel, let alone drive my SC430 there! However, I wish all members a splendid weekend and look forward to a full report with lots of great photos. Have a great weekend!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links