Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is 250c exhaust clip corroded need to change asap

Johnlex

6 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

£25.49 for 2x Clamp & 2x Bolt, delivered by UPS.

You could try Lexuspartsdirect, but I'd be surprised if it's that much cheaper since they charge at least £5.99 for P&P.

Yes I’m trying to order now thanks so much 

It's just come to me. Exhaust clamps are basically generic. If you know the width and diameter then I'm damn sure if you go to a big Exhaust place they'll have a clamp to fit. Even try Toyota. 

Hi John,

I had this problem when I purchased my car nearly four years ago.

A simple solution is to use jubilee clips, preferably the stainless steel variety. This is what I did and everything has been fine since.

Have a look at the ScrewFix website and you will find a large selection. You should be able to get a pack of ten for £10 - £15.

Given the way the original clamps rusted I would'nt be inclined to use them as replacements.

Dec.

29 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

It's just come to me. Exhaust clamps are basically generic. If you know the width and diameter then I'm damn sure if you go to a big Exhaust place they'll have a clamp to fit. Even try Toyota. 

Yes however the clip needs to be open up completely and go through ver a heat shield 

jubilee clips won’t do it and be quick fix and Doty job even kwik fit said that 😳 

30 minutes ago, Beamish said:

Hi John,

I had this problem when I purchased my car nearly four years ago.

A simple solution is to use jubilee clips, preferably the stainless steel variety. This is what I did and everything has been fine since.

Have a look at the ScrewFix website and you will find a large selection. You should be able to get a pack of ten for £10 - £15.

Given the way the original clamps rusted I would'nt be inclined to use them as replacements.

Dec.

Yes but they have been on there since 2009 and we are nearly in 2023 so done ok 😂 

jubilee clips 😒 even kwik fit said no 

Strange.

The jubilee clips worked fine for me. You can open them up and slip them through without a problem.

Given that they are only securing the heat shield they are not required to be any way substantial.

20 minutes ago, Beamish said:

Strange.

The jubilee clips worked fine for me. You can open them up and slip them through without a problem.

Given that they are only securing the heat shield they are not required to be any way substantial.

Oh really so they don’t hold

anything in place do anything apar form stop the heat shield rattle 😂 I’ve just ordered from that site £27.70 🙄 E12ACA27-D203-4E13-AF35-856874A65EBE.thumb.jpeg.5f61677c1ed1e6afe177693714b0c92b.jpeg

John I didn't mention jubilee clips. Those clamps are generic and come in various sizes. They fit all cars. That's why I said if you know it's dimensions then I'm damn sure you'll find a replacement.

11 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

John I didn't mention jubilee clips. Those clamps are generic and come in various sizes. They fit all cars. That's why I said if you know it's dimensions then I'm damn sure you'll find a replacement.

Oh dear you live and you learn I will put on eBay 😂 look out for them as I need them asap 

9 hours ago, Johnlex said:

@J Henderson went to pay not gone up also i have to pay import tax and duty ??

have you ordered from here before ? Thanks   

817DAB25-FAB4-4021-99E8-966D5F3E088D.jpeg

I have ordered from there a few times, although never with UPS shipping. I did have to pay duty, but what I ordered was worth more than a tenner and I expected it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links