Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1999 V-reg GS300 SE - What is it worth, soon to be for sale

Hi All,

Wow its been a long time since I have been on here but it's great to be back!

This time, my father is looking to sell his single owner GS300 SE and before I create a for sale post I was wondering what the typical values are that they go for these days?  The car is 1 owner from new, approx 72k miles, metallic dark green (is that Jade green?), auto, cream leather (no rips or tears), always garaged and has full service history as well as having a recent cam chain change, service and new MOT.  The car is fully standard and all of the electrics etc fully work.

Being an old dodery chap he has always driven it like a limo driver and it has never been trashed or mistreated, it just rarely gets used for much as they get older and have a second car which is their daily driver.

When I am next up there (car is SE London/NW Kent) I shall get some pictures for anyone who may be interested and also when I create a for sale post.

These really are lovely comfy full spec cars and he would love to keep it but with the use it gets as they get old it is time to let it go.

• Like 1

Good luck to your dad getting a great price for his lovely car .......

Bet now he wished he'd used it a lot more when he was more able ....... over these past 23 years ......... whatever, someone will be getting a great car to use and enjoy ✌️

Best wishes

Malc

1 hour ago, kev dood said:

it is time to let it go.

ah, also with Sadiq Khan terror reign with ULEZ stuff it's likely your dad's part of London N/W Kent could come a cropper this coming August 2023 and making elderly cars ( like mine too ) silly expensive to ever use off the driveway !

Best wishes whatever

Malc

Yes for sure the planned ULEX expansion in London will hurt a lot of people with older cars like this.  It is a shame as they are amazing cars to drive and own, just not in London any more.  I wonder how the 9.5m people will all be able to afford to change to a newer car at £40k+ though have heard many London Boroughs are planning on delaying the rollout.  Who knows.

For anyone outside of London however they are a steal of a car given the spec levels and such a smooth engine.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2022 at 12:32 PM, kev dood said:

Hi All,

Wow its been a long time since I have been on here but it's great to be back!

This time, my father is looking to sell his single owner GS300 SE and before I create a for sale post I was wondering what the typical values are that they go for these days?  The car is 1 owner from new, approx 72k miles, metallic dark green (is that Jade green?), auto, cream leather (no rips or tears), always garaged and has full service history as well as having a recent cam chain change, service and new MOT.  The car is fully standard and all of the electrics etc fully work.

Being an old dodery chap he has always driven it like a limo driver and it has never been trashed or mistreated, it just rarely gets used for much as they get older and have a second car which is their daily driver.

When I am next up there (car is SE London/NW Kent) I shall get some pictures for anyone who may be interested and also when I create a for sale post.

These really are lovely comfy full spec cars and he would love to keep it but with the use it gets as they get old it is time to let it go.

Sounds like an ideal car for someone to buy!

The trouble you'll face is although it's a lovely car with 1 owner and history, the mass public won't appreciate a reliable, comfortable car. It'll become more about what someone is willing to pay, rather than what it's worth. At a guess I'd say £2500-£3000 as an absolute max, as you can get some lowish mileage MK3 GS300's which are more economical overall and a bit quicker/newer too for similar money.

Either way, best of luck with the sale. I may even be interested in viewing as I live in Kent and I've always loved that particular shape.

• 2 weeks later...

11 hours ago, Tom_Lexus said:

Hi Kev, any chance this is your Dad's car? It's a real beauty. A question for all, do you think it's advertised for a fair price? I am tempted

https://www.elitemotorcompanycroydon.co.uk/used-cars/lexus-gs-300-3-0-se-auto-4dr-croydon-202208198958399

Seriously considered that one back in September but went for my 9-5 instead.

4 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Seriously considered that one back in September but went for my 9-5 instead.

I've enquired about it to see if it's still available and maybe see if they'll come down on the price a bit. It looks like it's in great condition but price seems a little on the high side for the age.

clearly NOT the car being sold by a garage  ...  so then Kevin, is it up for sale yet ......... and pricing ??

Malc

4 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

clearly NOT the car being sold by a garage  ...  so then Kevin, is it up for sale yet ......... and pricing ??

Malc

It's the same colour scheme, same area of the country, similar mileage, similar year. Could be a coincidence but may well have been sold to this garage. 

Hi All,

Sorry for the late replies but life is a bit hectic atm with job changes and Xmas etc.

That is not my fathers car, though is exceptionally similar.  This is older (R reg) and my fathers is a V-reg.  Given I do not live local to him and what with the weather etc I have not had a chance to take any pics of his car atm so apologies for that.  I guess my initial posting was to try to gauge a rough idea of the typical values for these cars prior to it being listed probably around Easter time maybe - purely driven by my availability to clean/prep/photo and create any advert!

That R-reg car is interesting and is certainly in amazing condition - obviously been prepped well my a dealer too.  I guess for a dealer price with their margin, possibly warranty etc maybe thats a fair price though I would consider it high.  I'd love to know others thoughts on this?

My fathers is in very similar condition but will admit the wheels have some of the typical corrsion on that that it seems Lexus suffer from so commonly (my IS200 was just as bad though luckily Lexus swapped them all).  From memory, his does have a couple of minor scratches on the bumper but nothing major and given its a 24yr old car now I guess to be expected.  But it has never been in any accident, seen any paint etc or had any major issues (or minor come to think of it).  Its just a good honest clean car, 1 owner who got it when he retired and coveted ever since!

• Like 1

Do keep us posted on developments . cars are a bit of a weird " investment " at any time BUT we all know a good elderly Lexus should be quite sought after ...  by someone 

Good luck

Malc

Sure will do and thanks.  I guess not many people are going to buy a car like this thinking its a cheap £1k runaround for a year as the mpg on them isnt fantastic compared to an old Ford Focus etc.

Hopefully it will go to someone who appreciates what they are and enjoy what even now is a well spec'd car which is lovely and smooth to drive.

If I manage to visit them for the weekend and its dry to get some pics I will post them up so you can see it.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links