Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket Immobiliser

Has anybody installed an aftermarket immobiliser in their car. 
I am thinking about installing a ghost 2 immobiliser or similar, so thief's cannot start the car. Is this something Lexus offers?

I know that the car already has a built in immobiliser- but might not be enough with OBD hacking.

We have daily thefts of cars in our area.

Peter

I had a tracker installed in JLR vehicle a few years back. The tracker came with a fob which you had to have with you otherwise it would not start. They took a significant part if the vechile apart to install the kit which was.wired into the ignition.

I would mention that the tracker centre were able to by pass the fob remotely on one occasion when the Battery ran low  and prevented me formsyarting the vehicles.   So how effective a secondary security device would be is questionable. 

The reality is that if somebody really wants to nick your car then they will regardless of what measures you have installed.

Just check that it's approved by your insurers  and it doesn't void the Lexus warranty before committing to anything. 

23 minutes ago, szhrmp said:

Has anybody installed an aftermarket immobiliser in their car. 
I am thinking about installing a ghost 2 immobiliser or similar, so thief's cannot start the car. Is this something Lexus offers?

Prevention is better than cure. Immobilisers are OK but only do their job once the scrotes are already inside your pride and joy.

This is why I use a big, bright yellow, Stoplock Pro Elite steering wheel lock in my RX. In various tests and reviews it took more than five minutes to defeat it, using a variety of hammers, saws and chisels. That's five minutes of noise and hassle that the scrotes don't want, so they'll hopefully see it through the window and immediately decide to move on to an easier target.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

Prevention is better than cure. Immobilisers are OK but only do their job once the scrotes are already inside your pride and joy.

This is why I use a big, bright yellow, Stoplock Pro Elite steering wheel lock in my RX. In various tests and reviews it took more than five minutes to defeat it, using a variety of hammers, saws and chisels. That's five minutes of noise and hassle that the scrotes don't want, so they'll hopefully see it through the window and immediately decide to move on to an easier target.

I solve the same problem by driving a car with no resale value 

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links