Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential CT200h Owner Ireland

CorkVilla

On 5/9/2023 at 4:15 PM, DavidCM said:

Nick.. unfortunately Relax doesn't include breakdown cover.It is available,for £155 pa.

Ah. OK in that case I was gifted it when I bought mine. £155 sounds very much like AA numbers!

Going back to the OP's point about the suspension, I think we can all agree that CTs are not really cut out for rough roads, I hate the state of the roads near me (I suspect we all do).

The other David/Cork Villa won't have to worry too much about bad roads in Ireland...unless he strays into N Ireland.

I'm not long back from a trip over to the North west of Ireland and spent a fair bit of time shuttling to and fro over the border.I certainly didn't need the sat nav to tell me which side of the border I was--perfect roads,hardly a pothole to be seen in the South,whereas the North is as bad as here.A hell of a change from 30 or so years ago.Shame they insist on Kilometres though.

21 hours ago, DavidCM said:

Shame they insist on Kilometres though.

This is the advantage of being part of the EU. It is just a point of view and habit. For me it is difficult to use miles and gallons. Also shame that UK left the EU in my view. 

51 minutes ago, serbarry said:

This is the advantage of being part of the EU. It is just a point of view and habit. For me it is difficult to use miles and gallons. Also shame that UK left the EU in my view. 

The Km comment was a bit tongue in cheek.The sat nav system got a bit of a work out around the Fermanagh/Donegal/Sligo area changing to and fro between Km/Miles etc.

We could do with your roads team over here(and in NI) Hardly a pothole all week.

I did not mean to be cheeky, it is just a different habit from kms to miles and vice versa but I understand that the sat nav could be confused.  Anyway I don't find the roads in Cork so good, maybe better than in England as you say, but considering what we pay for the motor tax they could be much better.  

2 hours ago, serbarry said:

I did not mean to be cheeky, it is just a different habit from kms to miles and vice versa but I understand that the sat nav could be confused.  Anyway I don't find the roads in Cork so good, maybe better than in England as you say, but considering what we pay for the motor tax they could be much better.  

Oh well....at least the Guinness is still sold by the pint..

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, serbarry said:

KM/Miles all the same. A distance. Your smartphone just needs to be told what you want to see and that is what you get.

Litres or gallons just the same way. You have to pay for getting fuel and no matter if they have different numbers in L and G you still have to pay for the amount that can be in the tank.

Roads are being fixed here regularly and big potholes are few and far between. It must be easier to look out for potholes if they are so common that you have to drive zig/zag course.

Just got new tyres today and enjoyed the 3db difference in noise and hope that fuel efficiency B is much better than fuel efficiency C.

With regard to being in or out of EU is something that the people that had a slim majority saying out will have to live with. That is among the blessings of so called democrazy.

36 minutes ago, serbarry said:

Continental again?

Again? First time tyres got replaced on the CT Lexus was convincing claiming that the OEM were the best. Wife was easy to convince.

Ultra Contact 215/45/17 Y 91XL Have been using Continental on most cars. Have had many.

Noise and fuel better than most other tyres and after half an hour highway very much less noise than the original from Lexus, now waiting to see if it will run longer on a tank fuel.

Here it was Pirelli P7 and they were not really bad bad, but

2 hours ago, diabolik said:

In the UK the OEM tyres are Yokohama BluEarth E70 if I remember right.

Seems that in UK you get worse tyres than here from Lexus:

Buy again:

Yokohama 22%

Pirelli 63%

Continental 78%

Yokohama BluEarth E70

The Yokohama BluEarth E70 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Dry Grip 73%

Wet Grip 63%

Road Feedback 59%

Handling 69%

Wear 67%

Comfort 45%

Buy again 22%                  

Pirelli CINTURA/TO P7

The Pirelli CINTURATO P7 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Dry Grip 83%

Wet Grip 73%

Road Feedback 73%

Handling 75%

Wear 70%

Comfort 73%

Buy again 63%

Continental UltraContact UC6

The Continental UltraContact UC6 is a Premium Touring Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars.

Dry Grip 87%

Wet Grip 82%

Road Feedback 73%

Handling 76%

Wear 80%

Comfort 83%

Buy again 78%

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links