Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F Aftermarket immobiliser

31 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

A car 'stolen to order' doesn't necessarily mean it is being sold on as a complete car. You may be able to look up and watch a documentary about car stealing gangs. They are usually stolen, taken immediately to their nearest safe location/ workshop and stripped down for parts and then exported to wherever the demand may be or sold on through 'legitimate' sources. The added hoops they have to jump through now are trackers, so dumping a car somewhere obscure overnight to see if it is recovered etc. Although sad, it did make for an interesting watch.

I had my car stolen as teenager, 2006 Suzuki Swift, I very much doubt that was an 'in demand' example as a whole car, so likely broken for parts (bastards, I loved that car! 😆)

That makes sense, however, what demand is there for used GSF bits? There are so few, it’s RHD, incredibly reliable, etc. Apart from a joyride, I can’t see a reason to nick a GSF.

I sincerely hope I’m right.

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

That makes sense, however, what demand is there for used GSF bits? There are so few, it’s RHD, incredibly reliable, etc. Apart from a joyride, I can’t see a reason to nick a GSF.

I sincerely hope I’m right.

Oh I agree, an unlikely candidate. Was merely elaborating on the 'stolen to order' sentence.

LC's however... 😉 just kidding!

• Haha 1

We had a Ford Fiesta stolen off our drive in November last year (2022). They didn't bat an eyelid to the ISF, they have been going around stealing fords and BMW's in my area, seems to be the common theme. Easy to sell parts on etc. I've taken extra security measures on the F but if they want it they can have it. Same as echoed in this post, I don't want them in my house and if they did joy ride it, I wouldn't want it back.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, F.A. said:

I think you might find that the GS460 sold in lower numbers than the GSF 😂

Not going to lie I had quite literally forgotten the GS460 ever existed, but then as Lexus UK sold 0 in it's last 18 months on sale I wasn't the only one xD

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links