Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car Day!

Scoops

Just thought I would pop a quick picture of the new ES (MY2023) which replaces... the previous ES (but MY2018)! This is now the 5th Lexus I have had...

It might also be one of the quickest after changing my original order on the 18th Nov, it went through build shipping and transport to get to the dealer in just over a month! Picked up this morning and drove the whole mile home so not sure on the extent of the improvement yet apart from the infotainment.. Will be putting about three hundred miles on it this weekend though so we shall see! 

InkedES Edited.jpg

• Like 9

Congrats and hope the weekend has left a smile on your face after all the driving. Picked up my Sonic Grey Premium Edition on 30 December. Only 200 local miles so far and can't wait for a long trip. Was worried about size after IS had served me so well but no worries now. 

20221230_122600.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve_L said:

Congrats and hope the weekend has left a smile on your face after all the driving. Picked up my Sonic Grey Premium Edition on 30 December. Only 200 local miles so far and can't wait for a long trip. Was worried about size after IS had served me so well but no worries now. 

20221230_122600.jpg

Looks smart. I was toying with this colour. What interior did you choose?

11 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

Looks smart. I was toying with this colour. What interior did you choose?

I have the black interior and really pleased with combination. Whilst it may have been my choice - family influence - I signed just before rates and bonuses changed in November for a pre order model. Colour options are personal choice and I would have had others on my list if I'd wanted to wait 6 months. 

• Like 2

Well I managed to do 430 miles over the weekend so here are a few hot takes:

• The car feels a bit more stable and smooth than the previous one. Hard to pinpoint exactly what it is but there seems to be a better degree of suspension control.
  • New infotainment is better although I have had a few issues in getting the Bluetooth to connect automatically and I couldn't figure out how to get out of Android Auto once in it as there is no longer a physical control to go to menu.
  • I don't have to worry about the light coloured seats any more!!
  • The wireless charging pad is more temperamental than the last one although I believe the power delivery has gone up.
  • They could have included a cleaning cloth for the screen!!
  • The gear selector throw is shorter.
  • Too soon to tell on the fuel economy as the first tank is always rubbish on the readings.
  • Not sure if there is a significant difference on the braking feel although I know they made changes to make it better.
  • Looks great still!
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing those views from your weekend. I have no previous ES experience to compare mine, but, after c. 300 miles, it certainly feels smooth and responsive - and looks great. I haven't figured out Android Auto yet - not had it before - and my charging plate failed with the add on receiver plugged into my Samsung. I've blamed the cheap receiver I bought as plate worked fine with daughter's Iphone. No long distance trip planned until February so have to wait to get good view on fuel. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links