Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

going back to an SC430

Petrocelli

Had an early  SC430 about 10 years ago as my Sunday afternoon car.Loved it once I got the wheels sorted and got rid of the run flats.Got fed up with it when a drive shaft had to be replaced and cost me 1400 quid.Didn't expect that from a Lexus.

Various Sunday afternoon cars later ( currently  an 04 Boxster) and am now ready for another SC430.

As I am now a mature gentleman(as opposed to being just an OAP ) I think the SC430 fits the bill as a mature gentleman's carriage.

Will go for a later one this time with the uprated suspension and 6 speed 'box.

Not many of those around so expect a long search.

Interesting reading on forum about the tyres and suspension on these cars and the upgrades people have carried out.

Roll on Spring.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Petrocelli said:

Had an early  SC430 about 10 years ago as my Sunday afternoon car.Loved it once I got the wheels sorted and got rid of the run flats.Got fed up with it when a drive shaft had to be replaced and cost me 1400 quid.Didn't expect that from a Lexus.

Various Sunday afternoon cars later ( currently  an 04 Boxster) and am now ready for another SC430.

As I am now a mature gentleman(as opposed to being just an OAP ) I think the SC430 fits the bill as a mature gentleman's carriage.

Will go for a later one this time with the uprated suspension and 6 speed 'box.

Not many of those around so expect a long search.

Interesting reading on forum about the tyres and suspension on these cars and the upgrades people have carried out.

Roll on Spring.

Welcome Jeffrey. I like the sentence describing you as a mature gentleman. You will indeed be in good company here.

I think that 09 reg will be the last ones imported to UK and I look forward to reading your contributions and of your motoring experiences.

• Like 1

thanks Roy.Not sure how to describe myself these days.Just had birthday no 78  a couple of days ago so moving into 'elderly' but don't feel I am there yet.Actually if a really good '05 comes along I would take it as the 6 speed 'box is not that essential,it's the suspension upgrades that count.

Still enjoying the Boxster much to my grand children's amusement eg ' do you need help getting in and out of that Grandad ?' so not in any rush.

The right car is out there somewhere

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Petrocelli said:

thanks Roy.Not sure how to describe myself these days.Just had birthday no 78  a couple of days ago so moving into 'elderly' but don't feel I am there yet.Actually if a really good '05 comes along I would take it as the 6 speed 'box is not that essential,it's the suspension upgrades that count.

Still enjoying the Boxster much to my grand children's amusement eg ' do you need help getting in and out of that Grandad ?' so not in any rush.

The right car is out there somewhere

I`m right behind you Jeffrey, in fact we might both have been Milk Monitors at the same school albeit in different classes.🤣

You will meet one of our more active members shortly.His name is Ant (Lexiguy) and I think that he might be the Laird of Holmfirth. He`ll probably invite you to the next Annual Meeting of SC430 Members.So please be nice to him but don`t for heaven`s sake take any D.I.Y. advice from him as he`s supposed to be recuperating after falling off one of his own projects!👍🤣

Do enjoy the Forum.

• Haha 1

By eck John you post some great posts. And Jeffrey I doff my cap to you sir for your agility getting in and out of sports cars 👍. I'm a young whippersnapper of a mere 60 lol. I wish you well in your search. 

It's weird that I'm sort of showing interest in these beasts. Don't ask me why as I can't answer. 

• Like 1

I do not follow this forum, so sorry if this is repeated. Lexus UK have a policy to help keep SC430 on the road by offering payments / discounts for servicing and repair. May also apply to LS 400 / LS 430 - not sure?

Has anyone ever enquired about this?  Sounds interesting.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links