Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have in November taken delivery of a 22 model RX450h and still trying to understand a few settings.

My question is, how do I sent the headlamps to stay on for say 30seconds when leaving the car and locked it when arriving home and the provided light from the headlamps illuninates my way to the front door. This feels like a simple question and should be a simple answer but I am darned if I can find how to do it as Vehicle settings headlight settings does not give me a solution. Perhaps this is a feature that is not available on the UK model.

Any advise would be apreciated

Welcome to the OC and forum - although it would be better if you posted on the RX450h forum (I know the title of this forum includes 'Lexus 450h', but it really means GS450h)

The courtesy delay for the headlamps will most likely be a Techstream setting. There are quite a few of those and the dealer should do it free of charge once. I'd ask for a list of them from the dealer and ask them to change your settings. They may be in your handbook. (One I'd advise is the facility to open the windows from the remote - if set, you may find the windows open when you come out on a wet morning! It can be unset!)

After that, you need to pay or get your own Techstream (available on eBay)

But the RX450h guys may know better (and more)

• Like 1

I believe one has to have light switch in the auto position then press the Power button to shut the car down, then pull the light switch towards yourself (as if to flash the headlamps) the lights then come on for the time set in the options menu

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links