Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

San Marino Gp

Toyota...pits........you said it :lol:

Pete the F1 boss................... :shifty:

i think Toyota are doing very well for there second season, look at the more established teams..............

Give Toyota a few years :winky:

i think Toyota are doing very well for there second season, look at the more established teams..............

I guess they would have done better if ...

they didn't have to take time out to work on mine and Zee's cars :blink::lol:

Hardly the same mechanics now are they!!!

Give em a few years.....the rest will be so far ahead in the game by then.

Anyway,new rules coming in for 2008 especially designed for Toyota to catch up :lol::lol:

I guess they would have done better if ...

they didn't have to take time out to work on mine and Zee's cars :blink::lol:

Hardly the same mechanics now are they!!!

actually Pete, yes they are.................

they are brought over from the F1 complex for the time only that a "Customers" car is booked into the Aftermarket fitting area.

that is why you have to Book weeks in advance, so that TTE can re-arrange work to ensure someone is available

i think your having a very narrow vision of F1 and TTE.

the factory has over 600 people working there in Cologne, even when the F1 season is on, there are still a few hundred back at the Complex undertaking test a development and still preparing cars and equipment for the following races in the season.

ask the guys who were at TTE not so long ago, .....how many peeps were in the restaurant facilitys.

as you havnt been to TTE or seen it, you wouldnt be expected to fully comprehend the shear size of the operation and facilitys in Cologne on there own, never mind the other TTE facilitys around europe.

id be happy to take you down if you ever come over

Me have a narrow vision of F1...im a massive fan of it.

I know there are many people involved in F1 having been round Mclaren,Williams,Arrows and Jordan team factories so you see not just one team :whistling: ,i just find it strange that if they are principal team mechanics that they would be allowed to work on non F1 cars.

I may come to a Euro meet to add to my list above.

So what do you think of M.Schumachers chances of having a clean sweep in the championship this season.

I think he has a good chance of winning every GP or at least 12 of them,i think hes taken the pressure off himself by saying that he has nothing to prove this season as he seems to be more relaxed/focused,Who would of thought that Ferrari would be so reliable over the last 3 seasons.

Well done J.B for pole position.

Gradual, they wanted to introduce most next season, but guess who didnt want them to start................

yep the minority won.Ferrari, now..........i wonder why that is

how can a minority over rule the owner and the wishes of everyone else, i tell you why, they have to much of an infl;uence.which is not good for the sport

FIA president Max Mosley has said that next month's meeting of minds in Monaco will merely serve to give the various Formula One team bosses a chance to express their views on the future of the sport - because the governing body will force through whatever rules it sees fit in time for the 2008 season.

Speaking after unveiling his already controversial blueprint for the future of F1 at the San Marino Grand Prix, Mosley admitted that the end of the current Concorde Agreement in December 2007 gives the FIA free rein to redraw the rulebook for the following season.

However, in the interest of democracy, he has invited all ten team bosses - plus a technical guru from each operation - to a Monaco summit the week after next in order to allow them a voice in the future direction of the sport. The invitation is seen a something of a sop to the various carmakers who, ironically, announced their withdrawal from talks on the immediate future of F1 with representatives of SLEC and FOM shortly after Mosley's plans were released.

"I believe the teams, including the most successful ones such as Ferrari, will agree to the changes we're proposing, because they are all suffering because the costs have got completely out of control," the president told BBC Sport.

"Quite a few will agree to a lot of the changes even without much persuasion, but it doesn't really matter because, from 1 January 2008, the Concorde Agreement is no longer in force, so the FIA can do whatever it wants. That will be the rule book for the 2008 world championship - at which point, people will have to decide whether they want to enter or not."

Mosley re-iterated his aim to bring excitement back to Formula One, which is currently being dominated by Ferrari and Michael Schumacher. Alterations to engine, tyre and aerodynamic specifications are all on the agenda.

"All of these things should make the racing closer and more exciting but, at the same time, [bring] the costs down dramatically, which will reduce the difference between the top teams and the teams with smaller budgets," he reasoned, "And we hope the combination of all those things will make the racing a great deal more entertaining to watch."

The coincidental announcement that talks between GPWC, SLEC and FOM had broken down immediately sparked speculation that the carmakers would use Mosley's blueprint as reason to restart the development of a rival series to F1. However, team boss Paul Stoddart - ironically, not one of the six to have so far agreed to meet with Mosley in Monaco - believes that the threats are merely 'idle'.

"If certain teams want to break away, fine - there will still be plenty left in the FIA world championship, including Minardi," he said, "But it won't happen. There will not be a breakaway. It's a non-starter."

The outspoken Australian admitted that a smooth path to the new-look F1 would be hard to come by, however.

"It's sad [that] we are going to have another round of discussions to discuss what we have already discussed," he sighed, "We are getting closer to finding a solution for all the problems in F1, and hopefully these meetings in Monaco will go some way towards doing it - but I have my doubts. It takes a long time to decide anything, and when you think you've decided something, it all changes again.

"It's about time people actually woke up to themselves, sat down and sorted out the problems instead of pretending to do it. It should be like electing a pope - put everybody in a room, lock the bloody doors and nobody leaves until the white smoke comes out of the chimney!"

The team owners will discuss the changes with Mosley in Monaco on 4 May, and the talks are bound up with the threat of the sport's car manufacturers to set up a breakaway world championship in 2008.

The teams are all suffering because the costs have got completely out of control

Max Mosley

FIA president

F1 revolution planned

F1 split threat returns

DaimlerChrysler (McLaren-Mercedes), Fiat (Ferrari), Ford (Jaguar), Renault and BMW (Williams) have pulled out of talks with F1's commercial rights holders aimed at giving them some shares in the sport.

"It's really all about equable distribution of the revenues," said McLaren boss Ron Dennis.

"We have talked about costs a lot and want to bring our budgets down but cost cutting is really a smoke screen in this case.

"Any new agreement must go hand-in-hand with an equable and fair share of the revenues."

Mosley said his aim is to "get the power and the grip down and allow the aerodynamics less influence.

We have got a bit lazy and we need to give a bit more value back to the public

Bernie Ecclestone

"All of these things should make the racing closer and more exciting, but at the same time for the costs to come down dramatically, which will reduce the difference between the top teams and the teams with smaller budgets.

"And we hope the combination of all those things will make the racing a great deal more entertaining to watch."

However, the car manufacturers are not happy about some of Mosley's proposals.

Among the controversial ones are reducing the capacity of the engines from three-litre V10s to 2.4-litre V8s and removing electronic driver-aids like traction control and semi-automatic gearboxes.

Mosley added: "I do believe the teams, including the most successful ones such as Ferrari, will agree to the changes we're proposing because they are all suffering because the costs have got completely out of control

I can see F1 going the same as football,with a few elite teams breaking away and starting a super league!! even though they say it wont happen becoz sponsors rule in this game and they want most coverage of thier name thats why top teams get shed loads of cash......the amounts involved are truley mind boggling,you could pay off all the 3rd world debt with the money raised in sponsorship for F1.

Fans are fed up with one team racing.....

I'm going Silverstone this year,i cant wait

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links