Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speed camera alerts

PearlyWhiteCT

Hi all, 

Having sat in my sister's 2013 Toyota Yaris, I noticed she gets a little beep through her infotainment system to alert her of upcoming speed cameras. It also shows where the speed camera is on the map.

Is it possible to get this feature on a 2013 CT?

6 hours ago, PearlyWhiteCT said:

Hi all, 

Having sat in my sister's 2013 Toyota Yaris, I noticed she gets a little beep through her infotainment system to alert her of upcoming speed cameras. It also shows where the speed camera is on the map.

Is it possible to get this feature on a 2013 CT?

We used to have a 2013 CT with premium nav and it was not possible on that car.  The first Lexus i had that did speed camera alerts was a 2015 NX, so i would suspect that speed camera alerts came to the CT perhaps with the 2014 facelift.

Paul

1 hour ago, PDM said:

We used to have a 2013 CT with premium nav and it was not possible on that car.  The first Lexus i had that did speed camera alerts was a 2015 NX, so i would suspect that speed camera alerts came to the CT perhaps with the 2014 facelift.

Paul

This is likely true.

Later models have this function, it appears on the map or on the  screen with the instruments depending upon your screen size and software.

1 hour ago, Mr_Groundhog said:

I have never seen that on my 2018 IS300h! Maybe i need to activate it? I have the large nav screen

Sometimes think to deactivate it as BING when speed camera ahead, BING when changing lane, BING when a car come into your lane in front of you and now and then BING without me knowing why.

The car we have suppose driver is sleeping and need to wake up.

image.thumb.png.a99125789addd6679679bb244eb86a03.png

51 minutes ago, joelfigueira said:

I have it on my 2019 CT however needs to be updated as some cameras have been removed and I'm still getting the beep 

Do you know if it is on the navigation map? If yes, eBay UK has cheap micro-SD-cards. Cheap compared to the price Lexus wants for updating navigation.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

I wish you could turn the beep off in my 2018 CT!
I work in Nottingham, which has one of the highest "safety" camera populations in the country per mile.
It's like being at a really bad rave!

Rather being alerted than paying a speeding bill.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links