Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

car swaying at high speeds

elmexicano

Dear All,

I notice my 2013 CT slightly swaying to left and right at speeds over 50-60 mphs on the motorway. I initially thought this could be due to crosswinds, but I am being a bit paranoid about it.

I took the car today for a front and rear wheel alignment to an independent reputable garage (not official delarship, I don't trust them anymore). I mentioned the problem, and they told me this could be due to some worn out parts. I should be hearing from them today afternoon. 

Have you every had any similar problem with your CTs? 

Your suggestions and comments are very much welcome. 

best

A.can

• 1 year later...

A few years ago had a similar problem but on a RX450 ..  it turned out to be that the 2 tyres that were fitted on the front of the car were of  a type that should have only been fitted on all 4 wheels (sorry, but cannot recall the make of tyre)

Had to really grasp the steering wheel when accelerating at speed.

When tyres were changed, problem was solved 

The only time I experienced tram lining was on a rear wheel drive car, some tyres don't like the ruts on the road, have you recently changed any tyres. 

I had a car with Avon Tyres all round and it pulled to the left or the camber drop very severely. Changed the Avons for Pirellis and the problem went away.

It could be tyre, alignment, steering or wheels.  

How long have you had it? I've just gotten my CT200h in January and compared to my Avensis, at 70mph on open motorways I feel it being a bit harder to keep going straight in the crosswinds compared to the bigger, wider and longer Avensis.  Although, wind not a factor, the CT suspension and refinement is superior to the Avensis in terms of stability and comfort. 

Do you know anybody else with one locally to drive it and compare? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links