Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Insurance offers a free secondary immobiliser

Hello. I just purchased a 2023 Lexus RX500h with this immobiliser system. 

Very often it would not start. The power steering light pops up and the message says No power steering....

No READY light.

Then, after many tries it starts. And then again won't start. The Battery inside is already replaced. No help.
What I should do?

Thanks.

32 minutes ago, ESh said:

Very often it would not start. The power steering light pops up and the message says No power steering....

No READY light.

Then, after many tries it starts. And then again won't start. The battery inside is already replaced. No help.
What I should do?

Thanks.

I’d take it to Lexus.
If they sorted the canbus problem via recall you wouldn’t need the immobiliser.

On 1/15/2023 at 3:52 PM, StGeorge said:

I had this letter yesterday too for my 2018 NX. Will be taking up the offer, clearly - came here to check if others had it through.

I've always justified what is perhaps a slightly higher premium through Lexus Ins by the fact that the car goes to Lexus for the repairs. When I was with another insurer previously, they wanted the car to go to their approved repairer, which wasn't my choice and IIRC I had to pay the excess for the privilege of having work done by Lexus on a no fault accident.

My local dealer (Woodford) now have their own bodyshop too, which should make things easier in future - hoping obvs that I had no need.

Looks like it comes with a fairly chunky key fob to add to the key ring, but I guess, small price to pay for extra security.

You've justified it wrongly then because you've always been able to choose your own repairer for an increased excess (usually £200) or free most of the time if youre not at fault. 

So unless its less than the £200 a year difference, there's no point going for Lexus insurance, and even then, you'd have to have a claim every year for it to make sense even at that difference!

40 minutes ago, ESh said:

No READY light.

Then, after many tries it starts. And then again won't start. The battery inside is already replaced. No help.
What I should do?

Thanks.

You dont need an immobiliser on the RX500h unless really wanted for extra security. It has an encrypted canbus so it won't be for canbus theft but more for relay theft

Imobilisers should be an owner choice after market purchase as a piece of mind, nice to have, NOT an ABSOLUTE NECESSITY and we should be able to insure wherever we can get the best deal.

Is this another kick owners in the teeth scam, make money on premiums, make money on a possibly second rate immobiliser, if other commentator is correct  about how good this "official" offering is, it certainly sounds an inconveniemtly large lump to keep in a pocket when not in the car and pretend " were Lexus, we're so good to our customers".

Laugh, I nearly cried.

1 hour ago, ESh said:

No READY light.

What I should do?

Thanks.

Possibly your 12v Battery is discharged and nothing to do with the immobiliser. Either way I would get Lexus to look at it under warranty.

• Like 1

Make sure your following the correct start sequence as in the immobiliser quick start guide else the system wont disarm & will cause the error messages as your reporting.

Immob.jpg

• Like 1

This is just too much to do everytime I start the bloody car. 

I would like to remove the whole system but I am not sure if it is possible.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links