Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello fellow Lex owners,

I am taking on a Lexus IS300H 2015 model and will be requiring a front bumper with all the grills etc.

Just wondering if the IS250 front bumpers are the same and will it fit my EXCECUTIVE model?

The silly bonnet poppers have also popped up and just wondering if i can reset them back down.

thanks for your help.

2 hours ago, Ash Lexus Noob said:

The silly bonnet poppers have also popped up and just wondering if i can reset them back down.

Careful, these cost a fortune (did I previous read, £2K per strut?) so be mindful of that. People have talked about disabling them with a resistor but that's perhaps a modification that compromises pedestrian safety.

3 hours ago, Ash Lexus Noob said:

Hello fellow Lex owners,

I am taking on a Lexus IS300H 2015 model and will be requiring a front bumper with all the grills etc.

Just wondering if the IS250 front bumpers are the same and will it fit my EXCECUTIVE model?

thanks for your help.

If the bonnet poppers have gone off they need replacing and I think they are very expensive. 

The IS250 bumpers and grills are the same so will fit.

Many thanks guys, this is perfect as more is250 bumpers available 2nd hand then the 300h. I called lexus and they also quoted under 300 quid for a bumper so not bad at all.

The bonnet poppers they want £1800 each LOL I really cannot justify paying nearly £4,000 for two small sticks which is not really going to save a predestian but I guess I will just have to look out for a used one as otherwise the dash light is going to keep bugging me.

The grills, ,fog lights, and the lexus badge is where lexus will rip me to bits on.

Guess how much 1x parking sensor is? £80!

Here comes my lexus ownership haha

I'm only wanting to fix this one up as it's only done 30k on the clock.

Thanks.

Ash

When I fixed mine I bought the genuine lexus bumper as it was only 300 as you say. 

The grilles alone were over 1k from lexus but I found after market from a crowd in Lithuania. They fitted well and 4 years later they are still perfect 

1 hour ago, Ash Lexus Noob said:

Good morning Shada,

Yes i think it's best I get a genuine bumper and it professionally sprayed etc.

In regards to the grills etc do you still have contact details for crowd?

Thanks.

Ash

Maybe consider a braker in the UK for grill etc. Several on eBay. Also there are several sites where you put in your requirements and breakers reach out with their offers on the said parts. 

On 1/18/2023 at 11:37 AM, Notamech said:

Maybe consider a braker in the UK for grill etc. Several on ebay. Also there are several sites where you put in your requirements and breakers reach out with their offers on the said parts. 

Hi thank you I managed to sign up to a couple parts  breakers but nobody has the front bumpers.

Although there are plenty of bumpers for the is250 and 300h but no grills!

Cannot believe how difficult it is to get parts for this car haha.

If anybody knows anybody breaking one please get in touch I will take the whole front end including the day time running lights etc.

Thank you

3 hours ago, Ash Lexus Noob said:

Hi thank you I managed to sign up to a couple parts  breakers but nobody has the front bumpers.

Although there are plenty of bumpers for the is250 and 300h but no grills!

Cannot believe how difficult it is to get parts for this car haha.

If anybody knows anybody breaking one please get in touch I will take the whole front end including the day time running lights etc.

Thank you

Try asking the first few sellers on this link if you havent already and see if they have the stuff you need. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=Lexus+is300h+breaking&_trksid=p2334524.m4084.l1313&_odkw=Lexus+is300h

I reckon most totalled cars may have been in a front collision hence lower supply + higher demand. 

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

Thanks for your messages all.

Thought I would just drop by and post a quick update on the progress.

So after starting this project, i managed to pick up a front bumper from EURO CARPARTS for £70!!!! 

can't go wrong at this price so why not and give it a try, fitted perfectly well which was also to my surprise, but maybe because it was from tokyo and not china haha.

Anyway, so far, the restoration has been as follows :-

• Front bumper from EUROCARPARTS £70
  • Middle grill with badge, bottom grill with parking sensor set £200
  • OEM LED Fogs £80
  • Chrome Surround for Grill from LEXUS £140
  • 2x Bonnet Hinges £60

Waiting patiently for delivery before it goes off to the sprayers

• DLR Lights £260 from Alibaba
  • Fog brackets £40
  • Fog Surrounds £55

I have postponed purchase of the bonnet poppers.

On my list is also to install a rear view camera as mine doesn't have one however it has the SATNAV so does this mean the wiring is already in place and I just need to plug a camera into the boot?

Thanks again.

Ash

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 8:03 PM, Ash Lexus Noob said:

Many thanks guys, this is perfect as more is250 bumpers available 2nd hand then the 300h. I called lexus and they also quoted under 300 quid for a bumper so not bad at all.

The bonnet poppers they want £1800 each LOL I really cannot justify paying nearly £4,000 for two small sticks which is not really going to save a predestian but I guess I will just have to look out for a used one as otherwise the dash light is going to keep bugging me.

The grills, ,fog lights, and the lexus badge is where lexus will rip me to bits on.

Guess how much 1x parking sensor is? £80!

Here comes my lexus ownership haha

I'm only wanting to fix this one up as it's only done 30k on the clock.

Thanks.

Ash

If I were you, I would really be worried about bonnet poppers. I had a bad experience with a different car. that safety systems has a separate control unit, where all data from fired poppers is stored. This could mean that buy and put the new poppers might be not enough, it's possibly you will need a new control unit(srs ecu) or remap the old one.

On 3/4/2023 at 11:55 PM, Digifant said:

If I were you, I would really be worried about bonnet poppers. I had a bad experience with a different car. that safety systems has a separate control unit, where all data from fired poppers is stored. This could mean that buy and put the new poppers might be not enough, it's possibly you will need a new control unit(srs ecu) or remap the old one.

Yeah you are absolutely right!

The crash data is stored on the AIRBAG ECU which will also need to be cleared.

I can see why these lovely cars get written off with very minimal damage.

I had no airbags or anything else go off apart from these poppers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links