Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front windscreen more misted up than other windows when cold

2 minutes ago, Sundance said:

Your 400h didn't have a sun roof by any chance did it?  Known leakage issues, so I'm told, which is why I made sure my recent purchase doesn't have one!

Yes it did but surprisingly it didn't leak any water. All my water ingress  was in the boot, running in from around rear bumper level both sides.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 11:52 AM, Sundance said:

Mine has a relatively new cabin filter (just 2k miles ago/Jul '22) and I've checked and it is clean. Have also lifted and felt under the mats and nothing appears untoward, including the boot space(s).

It's a bit of a puzzle but as a precaution I bought a car de-humidifer (basically a bag of rice!) and sat it on the top of the dash last night. After another night of -2deg the inside of the windscreen was clear of both mist and condensation! 👍

Maybe not a long-term answer but certainly drip-preventing. Investigations continue.

Since my last post and also having read the link kindly supplied by Bill on 18 Jan, I thoroughly cleaned the interior glass and set the climate control to 'auto', a/c 'off' and air circulation set to 'external'.  Despite continuing sub-zero temperatures overnight there was no more condensation.

The car was then much more thoroughly cleaned inside and out by my detailer on the 30th and having maintained the above climate control settings the condensation has entirely disappeared.

I guess that to have been completely scientific I could have introduced these adjustments one by one but frankly my first aim was to rid the interior screen of all condensation (without having to resort to the dehumidifier bag) which, thankfully, I have now done.

Happy days are here again! 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sundance said:

set the climate control to 'auto', a/c 'off' and air circulation set to 'external'.

The a/c would be off anyway as it doesn't operate at temps below ~5c, air recirc would be set to external by the climate control, if you have auto option...

• Like 1

I had my cabin filter changed last service and AC is fine. Mine still condenses up on the drivers windscreen heavily when cold. Problem is due to large surface area getting very cold and moist air inside condenses on it.  Still happens and takes ages to de-mist. Not so bad when clear and dry but when we come out of wet weather, as we have recently, you do get moisture inside the cabin, just a fact of life and it takes quite a long time to dry properly.

53 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

It's only on the first morning of the cold snap that the windscreen fogs up. If we get consecutive days of cold, no problems..  

... which I can believe, as it happened in my case, but it rather defies logic when the vehicle is used daily and then confronted with exact same contrary cold conditions night after night. 🤔

I'm not sure that there's a flaw with the windcreen. I had haevy frost first thing this morning, after a milder week or two and,, whilst the outside of the windscreen was frosted over, the inside of it was completely dry.

Maybe down to different usage. It's usually only me in the car, so only one person breathing and, as I said  before, I have the a/c on auto. I also smoke, so have the window open occasionally, and maybe that refreshes the inside air a bit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links