Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stats on NX 450h+ Predicted EV Range

Todays figures are   46.4 and 45.9

as John said this seems to be the norm. Getting Steady small increments upwards. My first charge was 41.7 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HMT said:

Todays figures are   46.4 and 45.9

as John said this seems to be the norm. Getting Steady small increments upwards. My first charge was 41.7 

Yes I'm seeing a similar incremental increase with each charging cycle.

Screenshot_20230811-100317.thumb.png.5cd2c4aa8474d9af038d04303f0977ea.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 10:31 PM, Alan Thompson said:

Tonight's guess is 58.7 ( a new high) and 57.5 (slightly off last high of 57.8)

I achieved 49 on my running around today.

Groundhog day again with tonight's charge: 58.7/57.5

I managed 50 miles against my last charge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Alan Thompson said:

Same again tonight - 58.7/57.5 with 49 miles achieved.

So perhaps this is where it finally tops out? I’ve been wondering. Has to stop climbing somewhere - quite an achievement and sure you’re not alone. Nice to see actuals exceed published data on consumption for once. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Harry Junior said:

So perhaps this is where it finally tops out? I’ve been wondering. Has to stop climbing somewhere - quite an achievement and sure you’re not alone. Nice to see actuals exceed published data on consumption for once. 

I think you are right, John

The ceiling has been reached - at least for me and my lead foot!! 😁

I've got the same figures again today 58.7/57.5 and achieved 53 - although I didn't do that many actual miles today, just added the remaining guess to actual miles driven.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One other measure worth looking at is total average miles per kWh. I've had the car since 15th June and covered 1500 miles about 70% of which were pure EV. By that I mean driving in EV mode. My average miles/kWh is 3.5. How are other people fairing? The figure is available from the drivers LED screen so it is an average of all your miles driven in EV mode.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

One other measure worth looking at is total average miles per kWh. I've had the car since 15th June and covered 1500 miles about 70% of which were pure EV. By that I mean driving in EV mode. My average miles/kWh is 3.5. How are other people fairing? The figure is available from the drivers led screen so it is an average of all your miles driven in EV mode.

Mine is currently indicating 3.3 miles/kWh.

• Like 1

Todays figures are 46.6 and 46.1   Again the usual small incremental increase.

looking at Colin’s comment my screen shows 3.1 - have driven about 1000 miles and while the vast majority of trips have been shortish in  pure ev I did a about half the mileage on a return long trip in HV which accounted for almost most half of the total.  Also I do try and use the hv mode for runs of 10  - 20 miles every couple of weeks just to keep the ice turning over.  Have not put any petrol in since mid June.
So this is ideal for me ev for most of my use and the ice for the long trips without worry of finding a recharge point

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alan Thompson said:

I think you are right, John

The ceiling has been reached - at least for me and my lead foot!! 😁

I've got the same figures again today 58.7/57.5 and achieved 53 - although I didn't do that many actual miles today, just added the remaining guess to actual miles driven.

Yes, perhaps. Not only that, I can see that a slight decrease will come about as temperatures drop - that's to be expected. Certainly worth keeping an eye on and I hope to catch you up before they do!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Harry Junior said:

Yes, perhaps. Not only that, I can see that a slight decrease will come about as temperatures drop - that's to be expected. Certainly worth keeping an eye on and I hope to catch you up before they do!

Harry....with my RAV4 the drop during very cold weather was significant. Something like 20% comparing very cold temperatures to nice warm weather.

3 hours ago, Harry Junior said:

The temperature does play a significant role in this.

Looking back to Jan/Feb (Page 1 of this thread), the range seemed to be around mid 40's without aircon and high 30s with air con. 

Ken R was more fastidious in reporting regularly than I was at the time.

As for the miles per kwh - mine is at 3.3 and has been for a while. I have a vague recollection of it being at 3.5 last summer and as low as 2.4 in mid-winter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes 2.4kWh / mile is indeed what I had indicated over the winter months. The current 3.3 is slightly down on what I had achieved last summer (3.4).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Harry....with my RAV4 the drop during very cold weather was significant. Something like 20% comparing very cold temperatures to nice warm weather.

Indeed significant. That’s the science, I guess! I’ll manage my expectations. Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi, new to thread and forum, have covered just over 8k since April this year, lots of weekly motorway use 400mile per week (midlands to London and back every week) 150miles each way, non stop. Full charge out, full charge back.. 

Average miles to kWh: 3.8

average mpg: 95.7

able to use around 14.8kWh of the capacity

Battery now up to 63.7/63.1.. (started at 38 when picked up late March) 

I can regularly get late 50’s on the range (have had a couple just over 60, but I was definitely playing the range game) EV only mode (not auto) until expended then onto HEV, most of these journeys see average EV distance as well over 55%. 
Use AC sparingly but never feel uncomfortable either.. 

Admittedly I’m usually in heavy traffic (M42/M40/M25) but use adaptive cruise all the time and take full advantage of this. PHEV’s love a steady pace and even better stop start.. 

Off peak tariff at home, (9p per kWh) so around 2p per mile in EV

have had Uxe300 previously so understand how to get the best out of the range but this car is amazing.. 

Awesome car..!! 

IMG_0101.thumb.png.bf1a5ae6043d859b911bf0b50767138d.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AkioT said:

Hi, new to thread and forum, have covered just over 8k since April this year, lots of weekly motorway use 400mile per week (midlands to London and back every week) 150miles each way, non stop. Full charge out, full charge back.. 

battery now up to 63.7/63.1.. (started at 38 when picked up late March) 

I can regularly get late 50’s on the range (have had a couple just over 60, but I was definitely playing the range game) EV only mode (not auto) until expended then onto HEV, most of these journeys see average EV distance as well over 55%. 

Admittedly I’m usually in heavy traffic (M42/M40/M25) but use adaptive cruise all the time and take full advantage of this. PHEV’s love a steady pace and even better stop start.. 

have had Uxe300 previously so understand how to get the best out of the range but this car is amazing.. 

Awesome car..!! 

Amazing figures!

13 hours ago, AkioT said:

battery now up to 63.7/63.1.. (started at 38 when picked up late March) 

Awesome car..!! 

Wow. Fantastic figures and the best that I have seen reported!

• Like 1

I’m beginning to think that my NX does appear to potentially a bit of a one off..

One of the reasons why I found this forum was because I was trying to find out what the real world useable % of the traction Battery was..

looks like I’m over  80% useable capacity now and with the better temps I’m seeing 4.3kWh urban easily, hence the 60+ range being achieved. 

I actually expect I’ll hit 65 before the temp starts to dip

Great to be here.. 

Pete 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AkioT said:

I’m beginning to think that my NX does appear to potentially a bit of a one off..

One of the reasons why I found this forum was because I was trying to find out what the real world useable % of the traction battery was..

looks like I’m over  80% useable capacity now and with the better temps I’m seeing 4.3kWh urban easily, hence the 60+ range being achieved. 

I actually expect I’ll hit 65 before the temp starts to dip

Great to be here.. 

Pete 

I think your car is definitely somewhat of an outlier. Both my current NX 450 and previous RAV4 PHEV both seemed to have 75% usable traction Battery. Mid 50's was the best for my old RAV4 and high 40's for the NX. Cherish it!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links