Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloy wheel scratch repair

I've got 2 scratches on one f-sport wheel. Chips away have said they can't paint it, "they will be shadow chrome effect on those which we can’t replicate unfortunately as there isn’t a paint formula for it. It’s usually a black base with chrome silver over the top which has to be done by eye so almost impossible to replicate a single alloy"

Anyone got any ideas on how/where to get this fixed....?

IMG20230207162936.jpg

3 hours ago, UX250h said:

. Chips away have said they can't paint it, "they will be shadow chrome effect on those which we can’t replicate unfortunately as there isn’t a paint formula for it. It’s usually a black base with chrome silver over the top which has to be done by eye so almost impossible to replicate 

IMG20230207162936.jpg

I notice that this Company claims to effect a repair on ‘shadow effect’ alloys.

They’re a mobile service based in Lincoln - apart from that,  I know nothing else about them!

They’re not Chips Away, whom I have used very successfully, but whose competence does depend on individual expertise.

You may have already considered them, but if not then I hope they can help you.

https://revive-uk.com/territory/lincoln/alloy-wheel-repair/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInaOojvmF_QIVCevtCh0GMgGbEAAYASAAEgItwPD_BwE

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, UX250h said:

I've got 2 scratches on one f-sport wheel. Chips away have said they can't paint it, "they will be shadow chrome effect on those which we can’t replicate unfortunately as there isn’t a paint formula for it. It’s usually a black base with chrome silver over the top which has to be done by eye so almost impossible to replicate a single alloy"

Anyone got any ideas on how/where to get this fixed....?

IMG20230207162936.jpg

Yes they're speaking the truth

theres no official colour code so it does need doing by eye and it can be done quite well by a skilled technician

6 hours ago, UX250h said:

All done by Revive in Lincoln for £75 plus VAT. He said it's a standard job, nothing tricky... It's a great job so I'm well pleased. Will definitely use again.

IMG20230215104322.jpg

Very useful to have good recommendation.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links