Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Door not shut properly notification

Hi,

looking for input from anyone with a 2022 NX.

whenever I leave my car unlocked after 5 minutes I get the following notification in Lexus link app. This is despite all the doors being fully closed.

A bit of a pain really, since its difficult to ignore it. It also has the effect of disabling remote access to lock it, as per 2nd pic.

This has been happening since I got the car a year ago, although it did disappear briefly, then reappear. I asked the dealer to check it when in for a recall last summer, they told me nothing wrong with car and it must be my phone.

My car was in for 1st service this week and I asked them again to investigate. Again, I’ve been told nothing wrong with my car and the first notification is by design and is a security measure and really means “car is unlocked”, they were unable to explain remote locking disabled, but advised that it was not the car, but the app.

I did explain that I was not satisfied with response and they have agreed to escalate to Lexus technical team. We’ve agreed I will try several fixes myself over the weekend before I document the issue for them.

Can any 2022 NX owners advise if they have the same or similar issue?

Thanks in advance.

Also, no progress on the stuck fuel flap, I’ve now got the sponge wedge as a temporary fix. They expect an engineered solution around mid April. I’ve since been thinking about the sponge fix and I’ll probably remove it; a sponge potentially soaked in petrol could pose a fire hazard and have other implications should anything untoward happen.

61181829-5697-4B3B-AC46-C02ACA973F82.jpeg

9A532683-67F5-44A1-AC8D-33EF1B32EBEF.jpeg

No have not experienced this and my car almost a year old with c9000 miles on the clock. Have used the link app to lock the car in the past.

Mine goes in for service next month and was promised a fix on the fuel flap issue but your latest update isn't promising!

• Like 1

Hi, yup twice both times complete work of fiction in the app.  I think, but I have not bothered to retest, that the common theme was opening the boot independently after locking.  I think on both occasions I went back down to the office carpark to get something, used kick sensor and then just shut the boot.  Definitely didn't open the doors but......

• Like 1

I had some issues in my first month of ownership (September) but nothing recently. I do get the message but am grateful for it as I usually find that one of the doors isn't closed properly. That door is usually the rear offside door; it looks closed but if I push on it, I can tell that it hasn't closed fully.

I have had my NX 350h for 3 months now but intermittently it keeps telling me to check the rear seat, I look round and the only thing near it is the centre armrest folded down, not even touching the seat. Technology gone mad !!!

3 minutes ago, Summerbj said:

I have had my NX 350h for 3 months now but intermittently it keeps telling me to check the rear seat, I look round and the only thing near it is the centre armrest folded down, not even touching the seat. Technology gone mad !!!

You can turn that off in the settings. Had to do so due to the kids car seat. 

5 minutes ago, Summerbj said:

I think that one is explained in the Northside Lexus video that's out there.  If you've opened the back door prior to driving off it warns you to check the back seat when you park in case you put anything in there.  If that's what you mean?

You can turn it off in the settings.

An update to this, but not resolution just yet.

I tried several different actions and unfortunately it’s worse than I initially thought.

My car has no remote locking functioning at all.  If I try to lock it from app even before the “doors not closed” notification, it fails to lock and I get a “check your doors” message”.

I documented it all and sent it off to dealer who has now forwarded to Lexus, who in turn have passed it on to Toyota Europe.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links