Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone upgrade to OEM 2018+ LED tail lights?

Indolent

IMG_4620.thumb.JPG.921173578dc09113ab7681772e45e3e3.JPGIMG_E4629.thumb.JPG.9f556d8014fc2989a22a1479a9255803.JPG
Hello from the States, unfortunately the CT was only available here until 2017. I managed to upgrade my headlights, tail lights to the 2018+ LED model. I'm wondering if anyone has successfully upgraded their Gen 2 2014-2017 with 2018+ LED tail lights? My turn signals are not working appropriately. I have two friends who have the same tail lights on their Gen 1 2011-2013 with no turn signal issues that are wired the same way I did mine.

I've placed them on my 2015, however I am running into issues with the turn signals not working (still a work in progress). I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to electrical so I don't know if I need a specific type of resistance, canbus, programming, etc.

• LED flasher relay installed (hyper flash / signals noted on gauge cluster), signals on tail lights wouldn't turn on with 12v
  • Resistor 50w 3ohm used with no luck/signals did not turn on, or user error
  • I used a voltage adapter/reducer to see if lowering the voltage will work (4 settings only: 9v, 6v, 5v, 3.3v)
    • 6v =  hatch / gate signals quickly blink BUT outer lights do not turn on
    • 5v = outer signals (1 LED only) work with correct speed BUT hatch / gate signal does not turn on
    • 3.3v = signals do not turn on

I've attached a .MOV video file but do not know if the video will work. Not knowing much, I'm going to assume it's some sort of electrical changes on the 2014+ models that differ from the earlier/gen 1 models. If I'm unable to find a solution, I will likely cut open the tail lights to modify them with sequential turn signals.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have an answer unfortunately, however I have a 2014 CT and have considered doing this upgrade too, so I'm keen to hear if there is a solution. Did you run in to any problems installing the headlights or were they plug & play?

2 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

The tail-lights look same as on the 2017 we have. And on the pictures, I find of all CTs from 2012. Or am I missing something.

Are the headlights LED on both low and high beam? The one we have is LED on low but Halogen on high beam.

Head lamps on the2018 onwards  F Sport and above with Tech Pack are LED Projectors, so LED high and low beam. You can tell which is which as the DLR are at the top rather than bottom of the headlights.

They also have different rear lamps, picture attached.

You also get a larger spoiler.

lexus-ct f sport new lights rear.jpg

17 hours ago, MartsCT200 said:

In case anyone wants more than just a plug and play LED headlight conversion, found these on YT.

Very nice indeed, but not sure these would be legal on UK roads.  And what would your insurer say?!

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links