Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

creaking dash ?

Ive noticed a slight rattley/creaking noise from the central console area. It sound like its coming from behind the cd player and seems to happen when the engine is at a certain speed.

Only had the car about five weeks. Does any of you think I should take it in to lexus ?:

My personal opinion is that if you notice anything that bothers you or you are unhappy about your new car you shouldn't hesitate to take it in. These little things will just annoy you after a while.

You have paid alot of money for you car after all, it should be perfect.;)

mine did that a while ago - i was in a bad mood (due to some idiot driver :flaming: ) at the time and just bashed the side of the centre console with my leg and it hasn't done it since

(but i do now walk with a limp from hurting my leg :) )

Had a similar problem somewhere behind the dash, and as you say it got more and more annoying as time went on. Lexus had the car back and remounted the dash (OH ERR MRS!!) Got the car back and its no better, so I am still on their case about this bless em! I know they did try really hard to help as when I got the car back, I had no panel lights as they had forgotten to reconnect the wiring!!

I thought I had this too, but it seems to be the handbrake gaitor - if you waggle the h/brake about, the leather creaks against itself.

It's only done this since it was serviced (and they adjusted the handbrake!)

Trouble is, the car's so quiet to start with that the slightest thing REALLY gets on my nerves :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links