Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Service

Poundy

Great service once more provided by Lexus Birmingham for my 2014 Ct, love the way the service video comes to my phone so I can see what's happening underneath and confirming  what they are checking.

Once again it is trouble free with the Mot a pass and no additional work needed, which gives me assurance that they are not in the habit (like some) of trying to bulk the bill, they even let me off with the pick up and drop of charge of £15 which saves me 2hrs a day and another driver to take me there and back or using a loaner.

I am on my 2nd service plan which consists of 2 major and 1 minor for around £1100. Some may compare it price wise with a local independent as very expensive, but having paid zero out in additional items apart from brakes and tyre during our 5+ years of ownership plus all the genuine Lexus parts used and full Lexus service history I cannot see me looking for an alternative any time soon. Nice to think there may be an upside to customer loyalty.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Poundy said:

Great service once more provided by Lexus Birmingham for my 2014 Ct, love the way the service video comes to my phone so I can see what's happening underneath and confirming  what they are checking.

Once again it is trouble free with the Mot a pass and no additional work needed, which gives me assurance that they are not in the habit (like some) of trying to bulk the bill, they even let me off with the pick up and drop of charge of £15 which saves me 2hrs a day and another driver to take me there and back or using a loaner.

I am on my 2nd service plan which consists of 2 major and 1 minor for around £1100. Some may compare it price wise with a local independent as very expensive, but having paid zero out in additional items apart from brakes and tyre during our 5+ years of ownership plus all the genuine Lexus parts used and full Lexus service history I cannot see me looking for an alternative any time soon. Nice to think there may be an upside to customer loyalty.

Poundy... Tell me More about This service Video..!!!!!!!

You have also the benefit of the Relax extended warranty and the hybrid system check.At the very least this makes up for any mark up from another servicing setup who may not be experienced in Hybrid systems.

On 3/19/2023 at 11:40 PM, SSUR said:

We also have a similar 14 model CT, full Lexus service history, only required a new wiper blade, front lightbulbs and recently new tyres in all these years, simply a great little car.

Same here and nice to hear it's a 'CT' thing. I've never had such a reliable car. Mine's a 2014 with 140k on the clock and still drives like new. It's only ever needed tyres, brakes, bulbs and wipers. Shows the benefit of servicing!

On 3/19/2023 at 10:44 AM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Poundy... Tell me More about This service Video..!!!!!!!

The mechanic sends it to my phone while working on the car showing tyre depths, pad & Disc wear any joint flex or things that may need addressing in the future. Mainly for the MOT test, but it's assuring that you are there under the car with him 😄Many a time on some of my cars I have had work deemed to be needed when upon checking it wasn't.

Click the link below and have a look 🤩

https://aos.to/AiN6Z

On 3/19/2023 at 12:03 PM, DavidCM said:

You have also the benefit of the Relax extended warranty and the hybrid system check.At the very least this makes up for any mark up from another servicing setup who may not be experienced in Hybrid systems.

I am on my final year of the paid warranty @ £245 which includes Lexus full breakdown and MOT test and Mot failure insurance, all of which adds up easily to £245.

I will now be changed on to the Relax warranty for the final 10th year, I was informed there will be another paid option after that just don't know what it will cover as yet, will wait and see.

Do not know anything about warranty, as never had other problems than new tyres, wiper blade inserts so what is making Lexus a bit expensive is that service is not as cheap as Honda, Mercedes, Nissan, Smart or VW. All were serviced where they should according to manufacturer, just like the CT. The CT is reliable, absolutely. but so were the other cars we have had except for Supra 3.0 Targa 1985; yellow engine light on display whenever above 160km/h and Toyota could not find any fault. Replaced it with a Nissan 300ZX, lightyears better.

8 hours ago, Poundy said:

I am on my final year of the paid warranty @ £245 which includes Lexus full breakdown and MOT test and Mot failure insurance, all of which adds up easily to £245.

I will now be changed on to the Relax warranty for the final 10th year, I was informed there will be another paid option after that just don't know what it will cover as yet, will wait and see.

After Relax warranty there is a 11-15 warranty available. There is no information on the website so you need to speak with the dealer. The hybrid warranty is 15 years in any event which speaks volumes for Lexus belief in their cars.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SRVO said:

Same here and nice to hear it's a 'CT' thing. I've never had such a reliable car. Mine's a 2014 with 140k on the clock and still drives like new. It's only ever needed tyres, brakes, bulbs and wipers. Shows the benefit of servicing!

A car trader told me he routinely trades CTs with mega miles and has never had an issue. He swears no other small exec is built to this level.

Lexus service manager gave another example by saying roof head liner on CT much thicker and deeper than Prius. That explains the refinement and smoothness.

My other car is a LS600hl for long trips but CT is perfect daily drive as half the size of LS so v easy to park anywhere! 

• Like 1

Similar experience as Poundy with Lexus Birmingham. Can't fault them! Renewed late last year 4yr Service/MOT plan when expired. Now have covered for a further 6yrs. Peace of mind totally. Only thing needed ever extra was a new tyre (which I suspected might be losing pressure anyway) and one set of new front wipers (these were getting a bit smeary also). The video I was sent by the Lexus mechanic during visual inspection was a great idea! Great also to see the bottom of the car too!

On 3/22/2023 at 10:46 AM, Poundy said:

It's called the Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty (not detailed on Lexus website but a number of us on these forums have it on our various Lexus cars) and costs about £500 per annum - covers pretty much the same as the old Extended Warranty and may be slightly better than Relax. Also includes in that price Lexus Roadside Assistance (see website for details of LRA). It can be renewed annually until the car is 15 years old or 150k miles whichever comes first. The car must be serviced at a Lexus dealer according to schedule to keep it valid. The hybrid health check and associated warranty also continues with every Lexus dealer service free of charge (or can be paid for if not having the car serviced by Lexus) and is valid for 10k miles / 12 months (whichever comes first) so as per the service schedule, and can continue being renewed until the car is 15 years old with unlimited mileage.

By the way if you rely on Lexus Roadside Assistance it's not included with the Relax Warranty but can be purchased separately on the Lexus website but LRA IS included with the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty as it was with the paid warranty you have had to date. 

3 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

It's called the Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty (not detailed on Lexus website but a number of us on these forums have it on our various Lexus cars) and costs about £500 per annum - covers pretty much the same as the old Extended Warranty and may be slightly better than Relax. Also includes in that price Lexus Roadside Assistance (see website for details of LRA). It can be renewed annually until the car is 15 years old or 150k miles whichever comes first. The car must be serviced at a Lexus dealer according to schedule to keep it valid. The hybrid health check and associated warranty also continues with every Lexus dealer service free of charge (or can be paid for if not having the car serviced by Lexus) and is valid for 10k miles / 12 months (whichever comes first) so as per the service schedule, and can continue being renewed until the car is 15 years old with unlimited mileage.

By the way if you rely on Lexus Roadside Assistance it's not included with the Relax Warranty but can be purchased separately on the Lexus website but LRA IS included with the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty as it was with the paid warranty you have had to date. 

Good info, just a pity I couldn't get either of the all inclusive warranty for year 10 as the original has finished and the next is not available until year 11 I guess i will just buy the Lexus breakdown to go with I year of Relax.

Of course the original paid warranty was always offered on a buy 2 year and get one free price which made it very attractive all inclusive @ £250 per year. Hopefully they will do some offers on the !5 year plus one.

I guess from a reliability point of view, some might argue the warranty I have paid out over the years is money wasted, but I look at it as insurance if needed and a more honest and attentive  approach to work carried out, that is not billable Once bitten twice shy I guess. 

8 minutes ago, Poundy said:

Good info, just a pity I couldn't get either of the all inclusive warranty for year 14 as the original has finished and the next is not available until year 15. I guess i will just buy the Lexus breakdown to go with I year of Relax.

Of course the original paid warranty was always offered on a buy 2 year and get one free price which made it very attractive all inclusive @ £250 per year. Hopefully they will do some offers on the !5 year plus one.

I guess from a reliability point of view, some might argue the warranty I have paid out over the years is money wasted, but I look at it as insurance if needed and a more honest approach to work that may or not be needed if I was the one paying for it. Once bitten twice shy I guess 

Yes, they won't offer the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty to any car under 10 years old or 100K miles, - that has to be Relax. Unfortunately the 2-4-1 offer of the old Extended Warranty is not offered any more, just an annual renewal at around £500. However, it is renewable for a bit longer than the old Extended Warranty which is a small benefit (and for those able to take advantage of Relax they are making the saving for up to 7 years on having to buy the old Extended Warranty, so understandable guess). My car is a 2014 and I've now done 130K miles and so have had the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty for a couple of years now as my mileage took me outside the 100K mile limit for Relax even thought the car is still under 10 years old.

2 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Here you have hybrid battery warranty as long as you service car with Lexus - max 15 years, same as Toyota cars. Nothing more.

They are trying to sell Toyotas. Cheaper and    BETTER ?

Yes we also have hybrid Battery warranty until 15 years old unlimited mileage. It's free with a Lexus service or can be purchased separately - each time it's renewed it's for 10k miles or 12 months whichever comes around first and then needs renewing for another 10k miles / 12 months. 

23 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

Yes, they won't offer the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty to any car under 10 years old or 100K miles, - that has to be Relax. Unfortunately the 2-4-1 offer of the old Extended Warranty is not offered any more, just an annual renewal at around £500. However, it is renewable for a bit longer than the old Extended Warranty which is a small benefit (and for those able to take advantage of Relax they are making the saving for up to 7 years on having to buy the old Extended Warranty, so understandable guess). My car is a 2014 and I've now done 130K miles and so have had the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty for a couple of years now as my mileage took me outside the 100K mile limit for Relax even thought the car is still under 10 years old.

Just came today my offer for roadside assist renewal due to the expiry of my paid warranty about to end.

To be fair the Lexus breakdown cover is full bells and whistles cover for £155 and considerably cheaper than the AA quote for the same cover. As that is part of the 10 year plus £500 warranty cost I will most likely go for it when relax finishes.

1 minute ago, Poundy said:

Just came today my offer for roadside assist renewal due to the expiry of my paid warranty about to end.

To be fair the Lexus breakdown cover is full bells and whistles cover for £155 and considerably cheaper than the AA quote for the same cover. As that is part of the 10 year plus £500 warranty cost I will most likely go for it when relax finishes.

Yes, although I get the LRA as part of the Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty if it wasn't included I would still go for the LRA separately for my circumstances. I have compared the minimum I need (so my wife and I covered to drive any car with breakdown, at home, recovery etc. in the UK) and no other provider is cheaper (if only one person cover is needed then it could be done cheaper I think) - however if Euro cover is also needed then there is nothing at all to touch the LRA cover that I could see.

On 3/22/2023 at 7:29 PM, SSUR said:

After Relax warranty there is a 11-15 warranty available. There is no information on the website so you need to speak with the dealer. The hybrid warranty is 15 years in any event which speaks volumes for Lexus belief in their cars.

Believe in the batteries. That is the only thing that is warranted, not the computer constrol system to it or anything else. Just the Battery.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links