Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Failed nct subframe bent/deformed Lexus is200

So my car failed the nct last week, fail sheet states the subframe is bent/deformed, the car has been to three mechanics and all of them said the subframe is not bent and also tracking is perfect and slip test perfect, but from what we can see there is one thing, there is a bracket attached to the rear subframe for the petrol tank that is not completely straight, is it possible that's what the fail is even though it doesn't comprise the structural integrity of the vehicle? 

And if it is the case of it just being the bracket I really don't understand as the man testing the car said I would be better off getting a full new subframe

18 hours ago, Malc1 said:

maybe take it to another Tester ?

then if it fails again on the same point then you know you really do have an issue to fix 

M

The Irish NCT system works a bit differently than the MOT in the UK. NCT centres are just that, they only do NCT tests so it is almost like a state run body and there will be just a handful in each county, garages aren't allowed to carry out the test. All else being equal it is more strict in that sense making it harder to get a car passed at times. 

19 hours ago, Natenismo said:

So my car failed the nct last week, fail sheet states the subframe is bent/deformed, the car has been to three mechanics and all of them said the subframe is not bent and also tracking is perfect and slip test perfect, but from what we can see there is one thing, there is a bracket attached to the rear subframe for the petrol tank that is not completely straight, is it possible that's what the fail is even though it doesn't comprise the structural integrity of the vehicle? 

And if it is the case of it just being the bracket I really don't understand as the man testing the car said I would be better off getting a full new subframe

I would try going back to the centre or ringing them for clarification on the precise issue, as if you get the same tester they will only fail it again. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links