Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greased Lighting Clean and Shine

Hi, can anyone advise whether it is safe to use Greased Lighting clean and shine, which contains 15 - 30% aliphatic hydrocarbons (petroleum light distillate) and perfume, on a 2020 NX300h?

Many thanks.

I'm sure the manufacturers will tell you otherwise,but I think it would be the same as cleaning your car with fine sandpaper--both will remove dirt,along with paint and any protective coating.

I used their showroom shine for years on my Mercedes without detriment. I wouldn't use it to clean major winter muck but for light road dirt and summer dust it's very good.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John58 said:

Hi, can anyone advise whether it is safe to use Greased Lighting clean and shine, which contains 15 - 30% aliphatic hydrocarbons (petroleum light distillate) and perfume, on a 2020 NX300h?

Many thanks.

Use it after giving the car a good wash, that way you know the car is free from dirt and use it as a polish ....at least that's how I have used it and likewise any other aqua free wash and shine product.

Yes perfectly fine to use.

wet the car with a jet wash get all the really sticky crud off, then use it as a polish.
the advantage is you don't need the car to be dry like regular polishing. Makes the paintwork super slick and repels water and muck for a good 3-4 weeks in the summer.

Or being a Lexus owner, surely you can just get your man to do it. That's what I do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links