Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 mats/carpet

Marcus63

Hi, I have a convertible regatta model on order. I was thinking of ordering additional carpet style mats to match what comes with the car. I am assuming carpet type mats come with it. In this way I can actually use them in  Summer without putting rubbers down until Winter but still have a back up pair to make the car look like new again. Especially relevant given the regattas interior colour. Am I correct in thinking the mats which come with the car are colour matched to the interior? Thanks.

Thanks! yes, I think you are right, either white or light beige, difficult with the light to know. I have asked the dealer to order a spare set, but unfortunately stock supply probs so not  available to order currently. I am searching the net for bespoke alternatives plus no Lexus rubber ones for winter but I did find this which us food for thought https://ttw-autotrim.co.uk/

If you are looking for rubber mats,try Carmat World on eBay. They supply mats specifically cut to size for your car and come in a fairly low key small diamond pattern in a fairly heavy rubber.They will also supply without fabric edge trim and come with fitted retaining clips to prevent creeping .

I don't think your rear mats for an LC will be too expensive..they don't seem much bigger than a smartphone.

2 hours ago, DavidCM said:

If you are looking for rubber mats,try Carmat World on eBay. They supply mats specifically cut to size for your car and come in a fairly low key small diamond pattern in a fairly heavy rubber.They will also supply without fabric edge trim and come with fitted retaining clips to prevent creeping .

I don't think your rear mats for an LC will be too expensive..they don't seem much bigger than a smartphone.

Thanks, but it appears they don't make them for the LC 500. It appears there are some disadvantages of having a rare car!

i enquired about rubber mats when i got mine but was told they didn't do them, I have had the car 5,1/2 years now and the original mats have not worn much and clean up very well, although i have only done 9k miles.

i would say they would last a good 3 years under normal use, then just get a new set

• Like 1

Another option could be black with blue edged carpet mats - a bit bright though https://store.inchcape.co.uk/products/genuine-oem-lexus-lc-500-4x-black-carpet-mats-set-blue-860g-trim-pw21011002c1

The white/beige would be useless for me, they’d last about a week even in summer.

They do rubber mats in the US but I haven’t seen any RHD ones. Chopping up a generic eBay set could work.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marcus63 said:

I am searching the net for bespoke alternatives plus no Lexus rubber ones for winter

Personally I hate rubber mats in a luxury car, if it's just a bit of mud let it dry give the mat a quick shake and brush and away you go.

• Like 1

Mark

It might be worth a call or email to them.I guess they have some detailed info on the mat/floorwell dimensions and appear to manufacture to order.

Granted, the RC is less rare than the LC,but it is hardly a car you see frequently .It might be worth a try.

David 

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.  And to all those who dismissed rubber ones, you have convinced me. Stick with carpet;/velour, give them a  clean and replace when needed

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have had some custom mats made to order from morethanpolish and am very pleased. I had to send some paper templates since the taylor had not made any for the LC before. But they seem great quality and a great colour match for my interior and a very fair price. The seats in the pics are as far back as they go, so in the normal position the fasteners are less visible. If truth be told, I think I prefer them to the pale cream/white stock ones which are a combo of vinyl and carpet and obviously get dirty very quickly.

IMG_4767.jpeg

IMG_4766.jpeg

IMG_4765.jpeg

IMG_4764.jpeg

11 hours ago, Brian R said:

Perhaps all fellow owners can now source from "morethanpolish" who now have the required template. 😃

Yes, although, I screwed up copying the stock rear mats, which was even more stupid, given I had adjusted the front ones to what I thought would be a better fit. They could  and should be larger, not that its an issue given they will so rarely be used. I should say that I have no connection with the company but would highly recommend their custom mats. Lots of colours, finishing trims etc and I thought £110 for a set of 4 seemed very fair

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links