Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

service history etc ?  cambelt, waterpump changed and when ?  body and underside condition ?  tyres brakes etc and service regime ?  dings and dents etc ?

What's her regn no. ?  and some delightful piccys please ✌️

Value ......  from £50 as a scrapper to a very few £000's 

Malc

• Like 1

Stephen hi,               how did you get on with the Ls400 1998  rear screen replacement you asked about a couple of years back ?

Thanks

Malc

Hi Malc

Sadly, Stephen died just before Christmas and I (his wife) am going to sell the Lexus.   I don't know about the Cam belt.  I seem to recall Stephen talking about it.  I think he bought the car after it had done over 90,000 miles and he didn't know whether it had been done.  But I don't know what happened about it after that.

Stephen kept the car in very good condition.  It was serviced regularly mainly by Lexus up to 2020 and then by a large local garage.    A and B Services were carried out at specified times.   It is in very good condition and tyres were changed when required.  It has just passed its MOT with no problems.

Best wishes

Norma

It does not matter that Stephen was a short term member he still had the intellect to choose the best car ever built and it is sad that we have lost a fellow enthusiast .

Sincere condolences to his Wife and family.

RIP Stephen.

• Like 3

Hello Norma,

I am so sorry to hear of your husband’s death and offer my condolences.

It is also very kind of you to post on the LOC particularly at this difficult time, I’m pretty sure as a Lexus owner himself Stephen would have appreciated that the car be sold to another member.

Should you wish to sell the car on the forum please feel free to do so. If you need any help in doing so please do not hesitate to ask me personally as I would consider it an honour.

Best regards,

Steve.

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Hello Norma,

I am so sorry to hear of your husband’s death and offer my condolences.

It is also very kind of you to post on the LOC particularly at this difficult time, I’m pretty sure as a Lexus owner himself Stephen would have appreciated that the car be sold to another member.

Should you wish to sell the car on the forum please feel free to do so. If you need any help in doing so please do not hesitate to ask me personally as I would consider it an honour.

Best regards,

Steve.

Lovely gesture Steve.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2023 at 6:01 PM, Hitchers80 said:

What is a reasonable price for a 1998 LS400 in good condition with 122,000 on the clock?

Perspective:
Here in Sweden the LS400 1998 to 2000 are extremely rare now and prices for cars in good shape where most everything works and there is very little or no rust seem to have gone up a lot. 
People seem to take good care of them here. Seldom used in our salted winters is my guess.
It is common now to see the few that come on market advertised for equivalent of 10.000£ .  What they actually go for is not known to me but they seem to sell reasonably fast. 
I think that at least 9000£ is a good guess.
Being very rare here they are quite costly and cumbersome to fix if you should suffer a fenderbender or a rare item broken. 

The LS430 is simmilarly priced or even a bit higher.   

Wow Mikael ........ they're getting quite rare here now too .  been quite a long while since I've seen another Ls400 on the road .  I used to see one or two locally a couple of years back .  but not anymore ....  but i do meet a member here for local coffee now and then and he has TWO .......... greedy or what 🤣

Mine's full of dings and dents, scuffs and what have you, she's used every day as both a runabout and my " proper " car for any long runs, anywhere, but not been on many of those recently ........  but she's generally more or less ok mechanically and I'll always get her " fixed " to keep her MOT'd and running fine ....... guess she'll see me out for another dozen years or so ( hopes ) and double her existing odo miles of @245k ✌️

Norma, with the right advice ( from Steve hopefully ) you'll find a good home at a sensible value, for yours

Best wishes

Malc

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to everyone for your advice.     

Steve - Do I sell it on this Forum or is there another section for car sales?   Would a starting price of £7,500 be reasonable or would £6,500 be more realistic or should I advertise it in Sweden!?    I have got some photos and all receipts since Stephen bought the car.

Thanks

Norma 

PS  My car is a 1992 Pontiac Firebird

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links