Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RCF Exhaust upgrade

On 4/15/2023 at 1:08 PM, NickRCF said:

Thanks for the response. You make a good point about how a modified car might be viewed when it comes time to sell, not everyone wants a loud exhaust.

Is the Blitz Nur Spec a valved system? I couldn't see any mention of it on the link you provided.

Seems that a lot of people who buy F’s & post on this forum want to hear more of the V8, so not sure that it would be an issue come resale, & like others I kept my original exhaust in case.

On 4/15/2023 at 4:51 PM, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

I had a manual transmission golf R before I got the RCF & I used the OBD to disable the exhaust baffles so they were permanently open. I came from Nissan S15 with a sports exhaust, where i could tell when to change gear by the exhaust note, I found it really difficult at first to drive the Golf fast as i couldnt hear the engine or exhaust at all. I ended up reactivating them,  but as I owned the OBD thing already it was free & made the car louder all the time. 

Wonder if you can try opening up the stock exhaust all the time using the Techstream thing. 

I hadn’t realised how much I relied on the revs when driving until I struggled to hear them at lower rpms in my previous ISF & was another reason for wanting to change the exhaust on my RCF along with hearing more of the V8.

22 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Having spoke to my main dealer, I’m not convinced many of them do affect warranty.

I think that is probably true, but the Quicksilver was developed with Lexus Uk for The RCF’s Debut at the Goodwood FoS & apparently Lexus engineers were involved in its development.  Lexus Cheltenham actually fitted most (if not all) of the exhausts from the group buy I was part of. 

I also contacted TWG who ran the Lexus extended warranty at the time who confirmed it wouldn’t invalidate the warranty - the thread from then is on here sometime back in 2018 I think.

10 hours ago, ashyk36 said:

Did somebody say they have a GTHaus?

Had it on my GS F, it was an absolute monster! SUS midpipe and Titanium back boxes. Pretty sure it registered on the Richter scale on cold start haha!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

Had it on my GS F, it was an absolute monster! SUS midpipe and Titanium back boxes. Pretty sure it registered on the Richter scale on cold start haha!

Smashed it! Sounds phenomenal but not sure I would be brave enough to bolt it to my car! Would love to hear one in person if there is anyone with one on here

1 hour ago, DAW said:

Seems that a lot of people who buy F’s & post on this forum want to hear more of the V8, so not sure that it would be an issue come resale, & like others I kept my original exhaust in case.

Definitely. Could definitely do with hearing to V8 growl a bit more. My first and maybe last V8 so got to make it count 🙄

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ashyk36 said:

Smashed it! Sounds phenomenal but not sure I would be brave enough to bolt it to my car! Would love to hear one in person if there is anyone with one on here

There was a blue RC F @Cezar B that also had a GTHaus but I believe he sold it separate from the car when partin ways. Believe I had the only GS F one. My car was up for sale with Lexus Swindon, so maybe it is out there somewhere booming away!

11 hours ago, DAW said:

Keeping the original exhaust whether you go with a valved system or non-valved seems to be the way to go.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 10:35 AM, mr2lad said:

It is louder than stock with valves closed, slightly,

certainly lets the V8 breath and growls better, and certainly noticeable in a good way with valves open as and when you want 🙉😂👍🏻,

I wouldn’t ever go back to stock, and when or if i upgrade my car next one is getting the same system,

I only had the stock system on the RCF for 3mths after i bought it ,before i put the Armytrix system on so cant remember exactly the difference, 

System still looks pretty new after 4yrs off being fitted and over 50k of mileage use, although i do polish it up frequently, lots of crawling about under car 😆 

defo keep your OEM system tho

i have kept all the OEM parts that ive changed on my F, hence i have a garage full of parts from exhaust bonnets active spoiler cold air intake alloys etc as i know that regardless ive spent in excess of a extra 15k on this car i cant add that on if i sold it, (id sell aftermarket parts separately if need be)… only ONCE I’ve contemplated on selling then looked out my window and saw it sat there gleaming and looking menacing so  that stupid idea was only in my head for a split second 😂 

C86D2E89-B660-4C9D-89CB-2DB4D13991A0.jpeg

IMG_4701.jpeg

Thanks for all the info. I got a quote of just over £5k for the Armytrix valved system from Tux Auto Design in Cleckheaton who are offering free fitting at the moment. Decision time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NickRCF said:

Thanks for all the info. I got a quote of just over £5k for the Armytrix valved system from Tux Auto Design in Cleckheaton who are offering free fitting at the moment. Decision time!

As expensive as it is, if I were a new owner wanting a decent sound plus the ability to switch it between Loud and sensible I'd go for this.

By keeping the standard exhaust in store you can always sell the Armtrix on when you sell the car. It would seem there are always people looking for an aftermarket exhaust for their RCF so I'm sure you'll be able to sell it on for decent money when the time comes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickRCF said:

Good bunch of guys down there, they fitted my one 👍🏻nearly 4yrs ago 12 June 2019IMG_0661.thumb.jpeg.54db37ae32f77f816df3621568ca4e86.jpeg

IMG_0645.jpeg

IMG_0651.jpeg

IMG_0656.jpeg

Little story to my fitment…

i drove down to TUX autos LK performance the day before, as i live up the north east of Scotland and decided to park outside their gates till they opened, arrived at 2200hrs (i was very excited and keen lol)… lets just say the RCF is not a comfy car to try and sleep in overnight 😆 where as my previous lexus was (i had the LS600hL with relaxation pack )…. I was first one in after a employee opened gates… 

Stayed in waiting area whilst they fitted system and was well looked after with coffee biscuits and even a burger 🍔…. Was given a tour around TUX autos garage with all exotic performance cars, was well impressed 👍🏻… 

ive bought both sets of 20’’ alloys i have for my F and my Armytrix system of them… 100% recommend them

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links