Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot not opening from key fob

Hello everyone. I am looking for some help. I have just taken livery of a NX450h+ in azure blue and while loving it I am still getting used to it idiosyncrasies. Overall the car is incredible. Now I know this is third world problems but when the rain was coming down I pressed the boot open symbol on the key fob (after I pressed the unlock button) as I walked to the car to offload golf clubs and it simply double beeped at me and refused to open. This was working just last a few days ago when I first used it but no no more. Has anyone encountered this? I have tried a few things to no avail. Any ideas what the double beep means?

All help and ideas much appreciated as this is driving me crazy!!!

7 minutes ago, 450h123 said:

Hello everyone. I am looking for some help. I have just taken livery of a NX450h+ in azure blue and while loving it I am still getting used to it idiosyncrasies. Overall the car is incredible. Now I know this is third world problems but when the rain was coming down I pressed the boot open symbol on the key fob (after I pressed the unlock button) as I walked to the car to offload golf clubs and it simply double beeped at me and refused to open. This was working just last a few days ago when I first used it but no no more. Has anyone encountered this? I have tried a few things to no avail. Any ideas what the double beep means?

Two beeps? The difference between 1st world problems and 3rd world ones 🤠

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Two beeps? The difference between 1st world problems and 3rd world ones 🤠

14 minutes ago, 450h123 said:

Craig.. Have you checked your Settings ie.. Boot opening Procedure..If It Peviously was working  Perfectly you must have Changed something Inadvertantly or without knowing exactly what it was This does sound like a settings issue..And when you get a new car especially a lexus you kind of fiddle about with all the Hi- Tech on the car..Go back into your settings and check..Could be the answer... also check key fob Battery /or/ Other key fob to operate car..  failing all else google it and see what comes up.. Cant think of anything else it could be craig

2 hours ago, 450h123 said:

On my NX300 I have to press the unlock door button before pressing boot open button. Ie the car has to be unlocked before the boot door will open

may be the same with the 450 ?

• Like 1

I have experienced this on my 450 but with the kick control. Sometimes the boot will open and sometimes I get the double beep. The manual states that in the event of a double beep try it again.

4 hours ago, BonzoSPB said:

I have experienced this on my 450 but with the kick control. Sometimes the boot will open and sometimes I get the double beep. The manual states that in the event of a double beep try it again.

Interesting. What is the outcome when you do try again? I have tried many times with the key fob and still get the double beep. That being said yesterday it worked today it didn't!

On 4/16/2023 at 11:14 AM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Craig.. Have you checked your Settings ie.. Boot opening Procedure..If It Peviously was working  Perfectly you must have Changed something Inadvertantly or without knowing exactly what it was This does sound like a settings issue..And when you get a new car especially a lexus you kind of fiddle about with all the Hi- Tech on the car..Go back into your settings and check..Could be the answer... also check key fob battery /or/ Other key fob to operate car..  failing all else google it and see what comes up.. Cant think of anything else it could be craig

I have went into the system and don't see anything untoward. Next time I pass the dealer I will pop in and see someone. It's not the fact its not working its more I don't understand WHY it isn't working that's more annoying. Worked yesterday but not today!

1 hour ago, 450h123 said:

Interesting. What is the outcome when you do try again? I have tried many times with the key fob and still get the double beep. That being said yesterday it worked today it didn't!

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think I'm not moving my foot out of the way quick enough so I'll keep an eye on its behaviour over time.

On 4/16/2023 at 10:51 AM, 450h123 said:

Make sure that the lock switch  on the door isn't on locked. Thats the switch  thats beside your window switch's

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links