Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cost to place cambelt and water pump on LS430

DJT

Remembering Lexus seemed to want an All Day job rate BUT many now only charge a fraction of that coz no-one can afford it anymore ........... I'd have thought maybe £6-800 depending who does it for you .........  including the belt and waterpump of course 

Malc

Thanks Malc. That is not bad as I've paid more than that for a renault cambelt change. Bill for renault covered everything listed in service/replacement document which most garages will skimp on. I have asked for quotes from several garages. See what comes back next week. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@DJT By now, I assume that you might have received some quotes and had the necessary work done. Could you provide an update on the cost of the work if possible, please?  The replacement of my car's cambelt and water pump is scheduled for next year. 

• Like 2

@DJT Many thanks, quickly checked the pdf file. It seems £1050 + VAT for cambelt + tensioner + water pump + labour . I did get a similar quote from local indy. Lexus dealer charges less than this amount, but it doesn't include water pump though!

No water pump when doing cambelt from lexus dealers is strange as every other marque that I've had cambelts done always recommended water pump done at same time. Lexus reliability is legendary but all parts will wear out at some point. Perhaps lexus thinks water pumps are fine until they leak/fail. How many 100k miles they have been tested for is an unknown. 

Update I have decided to go with lexus edinburgh for work quoted plus MOT as it is due the end of June. So I'm off to edinburgh for 3 days for work to be completed on my LS. Lexus say it shouldn't be that long. I have found if you want a job done within a certain time/dead line it usually goes Pete tong. 

@DJT  thanks for your update, if you have decided to go with Lexus dealership route, please explore this option as well. Basically you can ask them to start with 10 year service(I attached a picture with what is included, note: water pump is not included) and add more options to it based on your requirements. 

Lex.jpg

Lex_2.jpg

Lex_3.jpg

so are you having the waterpump changed  ?

All the major work is done in dismantling everything to get to the cambelt and it would be a bit dopey not to get the waterpump changed while all the hard labour, the expensive stuff, has taken place to get to change the cambelt

Malc

• Like 1

Sorry, my suggestion is that beginning with the 100K/10 Year service option that includes the aforementioned items, and then consulting with the service personnel to include other items like the water pump and radiator etc to prevent incurring dual labour charges. 

As you mentioned, major work related to replacing the cambelt have already been included, so it would be prudent to add the supplementary items to it. 

• Like 1

I've agreed with lexus to do 10 year service with radiator change, water pump and cambelt with all pulleys and tensioners plus any auxiliary belts.They are also going to MOT for me. The costings in PDA format are just for Parts but no extra labour involved. As lexus have said with that level of strip down no additional labour costs will be incurred. Means that my LS would have a very through check. 

Edited by DJT
Missed part of sentence out

On 4/21/2023 at 4:41 PM, Malc1 said:

Remembering Lexus seemed to want an All Day job rate BUT many now only charge a fraction of that coz no-one can afford it anymore ........... I'd have thought maybe £6-800 depending who does it for you .........  including the belt and waterpump of course 

Malc

Think Your Just about Spot on Here Malcom

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links