Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any of you IS250 gentlemen happen to also own one of these?

On paper they should be slightly faster than an IS250. They have a slightly better power to weight ratio and slightly quicker 0-100km. But I drove one and can't say it felt quicker than my IS250. I would say it felt slower. Any of you have one or have driven them and can compare? 🙂 

image.thumb.png.3ee5cff4b9f42f8b208ee941b96d897b.png

Had this one, changed suspension to adjustable and wheels to forged Braid wheels.

Have no idea how Lexus IS drive, but doubt it would be able to handle as well as this one did. Not quite as good as Delta EVO Rally 4WD but very, very well.

• Thanks 1

Handling 

7 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

image.thumb.png.3ee5cff4b9f42f8b208ee941b96d897b.png

Had this one, changed suspension to adjustable and wheels to forged Braid wheels.

Have no idea how Lexus IS drive, but doubt it would be able to handle as well as this one did. Not quite as good as Delta EVO Rally 4WD but very, very well.

Thanks. Handling I'm sure the MR2 is better. I was talking about acceleration. It felt slower, even though it shouldn't have, as it has a slight advantage on power to weight. 

I had one of these for three years and 90K miles.  I would say that dynamically it was superior in every respect to my IS250.

But then I don’t drive the Lexus in the same way!  

The MR2 was a joy to drive and a pleasure to own.  It was a strict two-seater but if you wanted to get away for a few days then you had to be a bit creative in stowing luggage behind the seats and under the bonnet.

In all the time I had it, it only required regular servicing and the replacement of one main beam bulb.

I’d be very happy to get in one again today - but I’d probably need a hand to get out!  😊

IMG_1203.jpeg

PS. Just noticed…  unlike the photos, mine had the steering wheel on the correct side of the car.  😊

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As well as John's red roadster,I had a silver one.It cornered well ,as a lightweight mid engined car should.It wasn't particularly fast,but could be fast from a to b,given its handling.I found it tended to skip around about on bumpy roads.The handling tightened up a bit when I put the hardtop on in the winter.The alloy wheels corroded as fast as the car could corner..I think I had 5 replaced under warranty.

My wife hated it and we didn't keep it that long and she chose the next car-a MercSLK 320.

You can't compare a lightweight 2 seater roadster with a 4 door saloon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

As well as John's red roadster,I had a silver one.It cornered well ,as a lightweight mid engined car should.It wasn't particularly fast,but could be fast from a to b,given its handling.I found it tended to skip around about on bumpy roads.The handling tightened up a bit when I put the hardtop on in the winter.The alloy wheels corroded as fast as the car could corner..I think I had 5 replaced under warranty.

My wife hated it and we didn't keep it that long and she chose the next car-a MercSLK 320.

You can't compare a lightweight 2 seater roadster with a 4 door saloon.

I'm not really comparing them point by point. 🙂 

All I'm saying is I was disappointed the MR2 felt slower, when it has a better power to weight ratio and is technically faster on paper. Maybe it's because my IS250 is a manual and I drive it like I stole it when I feel like it, and it has more torque. But the 1.6 tons 4 door saloon felt more spicy than the 975kg sports car when you stepped on it. It goes a lot better. Not talking curves. I just wasn't expecting that. Or the MR2 I drove was shot. Hence why I asked. To see if that is how they are.

1 hour ago, Lex_utor said:

. Or the MR2 I drove was shot.

Very likely not in top condition.

A MR2 in top condition is not a slow granddaddy car like a heavy 4 door sedan. I have seen many MR2 with far too big wheels on them and that does not make them faster, they just look more - whatever. And right David, the Spyder is stiffer with hardtop on, but that is extra kilos not needed here on the island. The Spyder was without hardtop on handling far better than the 1984 Supra 3.0L Targa we kept only 3 months or so as it was by far the worst new car we ever bought.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Very likely not in top condition.

A MR2 in top condition is not a slow granddaddy car like a heavy 4 door sedan. I have seen many MR2 with far too big wheels on them and that does not make them faster, they just look more - whatever. And right David, the Spyder is stiffer with hardtop on, but that is extra kilos not needed here on the island. The Spyder was without hardtop on handling far better than the 1984 Supra 3.0L Targa we kept only 3 months or so as it was by far the worst new car we ever bought.

Well, it seemed to be in good condition. It was low mileage, all original, including the 15" wheels. Seemed very well kept. But I heard they all can sufer from oil burning, even low mileage. So could be that. But visually I saw no il burning. Engine bay was clean and exhaust wasn't smoking.

Just a correction. My IS250 doesn't feel like a granddad car at all. Maybe because of the manual shifter. Maybe because of the sports exhaust and Fsport intake. But it just doesn't. It feels as good as any 3-series, which I also drive quite often. 🙂 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links