Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Personal Profile vs Guest Profile

I am fed up with the system telling me that personal profile has not been synced, and then having to put in my password again, and again.  I am the only driver, so all the settings are my own, so can I just use the Guest Profile.  I notice that any favorites (sic) saved in the Guest mode are not shared with the personal profile, and vice versa, but that's ok as I can just set them up in Guest mode.  Also, it means that when the profile doesn't sync I still have my favorite destinations, whereas now they can sometimes disappear.  Also waiting for the personal settings to start is annoying.  If in the guest mode, does the journey information get recorded in my linked account.  In other words, is there any point to having the personal profile set up?

I used to run the car without having a logged in profile as the early versions kept using the guest profile

because the car was in the app it logged the journeys (some) and the other functions worked at the time.

Not using a profile seems to revert to single user style (no guest mode, just the car). I needed to re-enter my favourite destinations and reset the memory seats but once done it worked fine and the app updated as much as it ever did when logged in

when trying to solve other problems I have changed to logged in and out a few times and when you log in the favourites saved in the profile came back and when logged out the favourites on the car came back

after logging out you might get a prompt to select language but there should be an option to not ask again on the blue screen and it stops asking

Check/try this....

Once logged into your profile. Enter Settings, then select Personal Info...ensure that Link Key is selected.

Documented on p62 of the Multimedia manual.

This what I had to do to make it work.

Have to now agree with members who are struggling with the Lexus app.

Had my 450 since start of Jan 2023....during these months have been reading on this forum of people annoyed, frustrated and disappointed with the app.... ....'there for the grace of god' 😇my app worked perfectly.

It is now stuck on 20th of this month and has stopped all info transfer such as trips, current milage. current charge, current location, unlocking etc etc.....

Spoke to Lexus Multimedia Team. they suggest that I deactivate and re-activate app. Guess what ....no change. 

Maybe it will suddenly work later in the month 🤨...doubt it !!....unless someone out there knows a better fix?

I feel a dealer visit coming on ....

Have you been into dealership to check on software updates. Had mine done last month due to seat etc not always loading for my profile.   Been fine since updates.

Thanks for all the help. I have no trouble with the profile itself, accept the sync issue, which seems to occur after it has failed to load the profile for some reason.  It helps to know that SA1 has used the car without profiles loaded, so I think I will disengage that: I would prefer the car itself to have all settings rather than the app/cloud, including the favourites for navigation.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2023 at 7:40 PM, AlanDL said:

Thanks for all the help. I have no trouble with the profile itself, accept the sync issue, which seems to occur after it has failed to load the profile for some reason.  It helps to know that SA1 has used the car without profiles loaded, so I think I will disengage that: I would prefer the car itself to have all settings rather than the app/cloud, including the favourites for navigation.  

We still get that fault, despite given clear evidence of its repeat occurrence the dealer hasn't got a clue why or how to proceed to fix it.  Why Lexus feel it's a great idea to have you stop on a major road to key in the password yet again is beyond reason.  The problem is the whole software is full of bugs and this issue seems to be way down the list of their priorities to fix it. 

Lexus profile problem.jpg

• Sad 1

I have deleted my profile, just gone back to "Lexus" mode.  Much more peaceful without the profile sync notice coming up. Cannot see any loss in functionality, although I did have to reload some settings that were linked to the profile (other than nav favourites), but that's all.  All trip data recorded correctly(ish), so cannot see any problems.  As I am the only driver, do not need profiles! And even if I wasn't, can't see why one would bother, as the seat adjustments can be set on the door panel.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My NX450 has been displaying this prompt for the past month previous 2 months no problem. Have entered iCloud password which it does not reconnise, have changed password to no effect. Dealer says it’s an iCloud problem!

16 hours ago, Delboy wilts said:

My NX450 has been displaying this prompt for the past month previous 2 months no problem. Have entered iCloud password which it does not reconnise, have changed password to no effect. Dealer says it’s an iCloud problem!

I don't believe that this is related to your iCloud account.

When I (very occasionally) get this prompt I enter the email address and password that I use to login to the MyLexus website (or the Lexus Link app). That seems to cure it. Have you tried that?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links