Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First feedback with NX450H+

7 hours ago, NiCoRe said:

Terrane Kaki glittering under the autumn sun in Normandy...after a few heavy showers 🙂

I do confirm that the electronic helps (LTA, adaptative cruise control) do shut off themselves under very poor conditions ( very heavy rain at night with a lot of water on the highway). The car does warn you very clearly. I lost LTA first then adaptative cruise control and at one time even the proximity sensors shut themselves off.

IMG_3633.jpeg

Love mine - same colour but I never call it khaki!! 😁 so many people comment on it as a class car  

Good information, forewarned for bad weather. Thanks! 

7 hours ago, NiCoRe said:

Terrane Kaki glittering under the autumn sun in Normandy...after a few heavy showers 🙂

I do confirm that the electronic helps (LTA, adaptative cruise control) do shut off themselves under very poor conditions ( very heavy rain at night with a lot of water on the highway). The car does warn you very clearly. I lost LTA first then adaptative cruise control and at one time even the proximity sensors shut themselves off.

Yours is the same as mine! Barring it being left hand drive and a 450h, rather than 350h! 😄

I have to say, the only electronic help which has 'failed to operate' so far is the rear-collision detection during heavy rain - when obviously the rear sensors have been dirty. It'll put on an orange symbol in the bottom left hand corner of the binnacle that looks like a rectangle with circles inside - if that makes sense. It'll only light when the car is in reverse. 

Other than that, so far, so good. It's certainly an improvement over the UX I had, which it's adaptive cruise control often wouldn't work in conditions which I didn't think were too bad. So far, the NX has worked in both heavy rain and last week, heavy fog. No doubt it will fail to work at some point but no issues on that front so far I'm pleased to report. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gary H said:

Yours is the same as mine! Barring it being left hand drive and a 450h, rather than 350h! 😄

I have to say, the only electronic help which has 'failed to operate' so far is the rear-collision detection during heavy rain - when obviously the rear sensors have been dirty. It'll put on an orange symbol in the bottom left hand corner of the binnacle that looks like a rectangle with circles inside - if that makes sense. It'll only light when the car is in reverse. 

Other than that, so far, so good. It's certainly an improvement over the UX I had, which it's adaptive cruise control often wouldn't work in conditions which I didn't think were too bad. So far, the NX has worked in both heavy rain and last week, heavy fog. No doubt it will fail to work at some point but no issues on that front so far I'm pleased to report. 

If mine was not a company car, I would have pick the 350h with ML audio and pano roof...but French car market (and attached taxes) is weird to say the least and the 450h+ has lower taxes (in fact no registration fee, no yearly pollution tax, no CO2 malus....) and had a lower rent and TCO for my company. 

Terrane Kaki is a beautiful color that suits well to hazelnut interior...gives the car a British vibe 😉 (Do I love light interior colors now that my car is a kid free zone !)

LSS 3.0 is a fine safety suit. I found it reliable, effective and smooth. I only got one case of disconnection in 6 000 miles with the conditions I described. I had my share of fog and I suppose as long as it is not a freezing one, LSS should work fine (Analog system in my ex Passat worked fine with fog but quitted when the radar got ice on it in wintery conditions.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Got a recall letter yesterday.

Seems that they are trying to fix an e-call function bug that may or may not occur under certain conditions.

It will be done over the air (such avoiding a "pit stop" at the dealership) and as we all know with electronics gizmo, it will either fix the "maybe" bug or break the DCM unit...😇

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, NiCoRe said:

Got a recall letter yesterday.

Seems that they are trying to fix an e-call function bug that may or may not occur under certain conditions.

It will be done over the air (such avoiding a "pit stop" at the dealership) and as we all know with electronics gizmo, it will either fix the "maybe" bug or break the DCM unit...😇

I had the same recall letter. Long story short, the emergency light of which there are at least two btw, the one overhead above the windscreen by the ‘touch’ lights, is glowing a solid green. This purports to show the system has updated. Strangely, a couple of weeks ago, the car asked me to login again, for no apparent reason. Could be that was after the update, but who knows? All appears well. 

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links