Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Actual range after first 1,035 miles. In reasonably hot weather, 70mph for more than 50% of the time, with aircon on high for about 70% of the time I have used 336Kw which equates to consumption of 3.08 miles to the Kw. With a usable 64Kw = 197 miles which is what the car reports, so it confirms the range indicated can be relied upon. Not the best range but maybe the most reliable one !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

Actual range after first 1,035 miles. In reasonably hot weather, 70mph for more than 50% of the time, with aircon on high for about 70% of the time I have used 336Kw which equates to consumption of 3.08 miles to the Kw. With a usable 64Kw = 197 miles which is what the car reports, so it confirms the range indicated can be relied upon. Not the best range but maybe the most reliable one !

Based on the test drives I had, I was expecting about 3miles/kwh. Be interesting to see what it does when the winter comes. I am picking mine up on Wednesday and have a drive of 112 miles to get home. About 70 miles motorway and the rest 60mph A roads.  Lets see if I get near or better than that.

John. My range indicated was about right when I collected the car but it took a bit of time to settle at 2.9 indicated but it was achieving that or more.

The radiant heaters only should really help in winter. 

Enjoy the drive

5 hours ago, John Adams said:

Based on the test drives I had, I was expecting about 3miles/kwh. Be interesting to see what it does when the winter comes. I am picking mine up on Wednesday and have a drive of 112 miles to get home. About 70 miles motorway and the rest 60mph A roads.  Lets see if I get near or better than that.

May I please suggest documenting percentage Battery at the beginning and at the end of your trip?

I think that's a more realistic calculation sometimes 

I’ll leave it to John (when he gets his car next week) to give % readings as I use screen 3 which has the % as a small bar so not  accurate. If you use screen 1 then it gives the % accurately. 
I prefer screen 3 as it gives me the info I want. 
The % and the range is very sensitive to whether the aircon has been used rather than just the cooled seats and or Concierge 

When I saw it he must have changed his mind as he increased it to Shortlist !

I think that is one of the fairest reviews I have seen. I think he understood the market it was aimed at and reviewed accordingly. 

Thanks for posting it 

When I first got the car it was reporting 2.7 miles / Kw but I was getting 220+ without much aircon. 

Having done 1k the car now reports 3 miles / Kw with a good percentage being at 70 mph. 

He quotes 196 miles which with aircon on is about right. You’ll see in one of my earlier posts that the actual miles / Kw seems to be better than reported in the dash.
My view is predominately 70mph without aircon is 220 and with aircon Concierge about 190. which at usable 64Kw equates to 3.4 and 2.9.  

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 9:15 AM, John Adams said:

John. Hope you have an enjoyable handover with a fully charged car to have a relaxing and uneventful journey home. Make sure you get the guy handing over to turn the warning bongs off or down. I think you’ll have about 90 miles left when you hook up at home. 
“Hey Lexus” make my journey enjoyable !

9 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

John. Hope you have an enjoyable handover with a fully charged car to have a relaxing and uneventful journey home. Make sure you get the guy handing over to turn the warning bongs off or down. I think you’ll have about 90 miles left when you hook up at home. 
“Hey Lexus” make my journey enjoyable !

Thanks for the kind words Bob, but unfortunately it isn't going to happen today. For some reason there has been a delay in getting the car delivered from Derby. It is now at the dealers and I have seen a video of it and the agreed delivery date now is this Saturday. The air was blue when I found out -this Monday- as I had all the insurance sorted out etc which I have had to re arrange. I will try and find out the reason for the delay when I collect the car. I have never had a problem like this with any Lexus I have bought before. Given this, I  feel even more apprehensive and I hope I have done the right thing. Time will tell and fingers crossed.

John. Really sorry to hear this. If you haven’t paid for ‘protection’ it may be worth asking for it free as they have plenty of time to arrange and least they can do in recompense. That said, I recently read an article saying the RZ received special treatment in the factory so maybe that why some of the dealers are throwing it in for free !

I do think you’ll be happy with it when you finally get it. 

John - hope all goes well and you enjoy the drive tomorrow - looks like you’ll be seeing what the minimum range is as you’ll have the vented seat and a/c on full blast. Ask the handover guy about the Concierge function - my dealer didn’t have a clue how it worked !

On 6/9/2023 at 9:11 PM, wivenhoe said:

John - hope all goes well and you enjoy the drive tomorrow - looks like you’ll be seeing what the minimum range is as you’ll have the vented seat and a/c on full blast. Ask the handover guy about the Concierge function - my dealer didn’t have a clue how it worked !

Hi Bob.Just a brief update. Picked up the car 10am Saturday morning. Everything fine and was expecting a nice drive back on the motorway to do a range check. Fully charged and showing 194 miles. The drive back though was horrid. Heavy stop/start traffic and then heavy rain with a  thunderstorm meaning my nice new car didn't stay clean for long. Obviously lights, wipers and air con were on. At some parts of the journey we didn't get above 45mph with the traffic and weather. Finally got home and the range left was only 35 miles which was disappointing and suggests a range of 147 miles. I'll get a better idea later this week when we go on holiday and have my first experience of rapid chargers. All I need to do now is find a decent car wash. I would do it myself as I always do but we still have an hosepipe ban down here. 

John. That is disappointing and sounds a bit strange. When you say it showed 195 that must have been with the a/c going full blast ?  Did you turn that off and see the range go to about 230+. In all my journeys the loss for the a/c is max 45 miles. 
apologies for the really stupid question - was it at 100% when at 195 ? 
Good luck with the drive the hols. 

23 minutes ago, wivenhoe said:

John. That is disappointing and sounds a bit strange. When you say it showed 195 that must have been with the a/c going full blast ?  Did you turn that off and see the range go to about 230+. In all my journeys the loss for the a/c is max 45 miles. 
apologies for the really stupid question - was it at 100% when at 195 ? 
Good luck with the drive the hols. 

Bob, I was told they had charged it to 100% but I am not sure they did. I only put the aircon on when it was raining to stop steaming up but it was on for most of the journey.

I have just finished charging at home and it is saying on the app 245 miles without aircon and 196 miles with.

I will be driving just under 200 miles on the motorway Tuesday to park the car up at a relatives for 2 weeks whilst on holiday. The forecast is good weather with no rain so I intend to have a steady drive in econ mode at about 60mph to see what the range is.

I think Saturday was a bad day to make a judgement what with the weather and bad traffic and I am hoping for much better going forward. I will let you know on my return.

I’ll look forward to it. Your latest numbers are ones I recognise. Today I did 34 miles mostly with the a/c and 70 mph all the way there and back.

Tonight I have 188 / 150 which is 222 / 184. I took mine down to about 15% and the range remained accurate all the way down.  I do use the S Flow and Concierge, so I suggest you try that Tuesday.  

I have read some British articles and there seems to be a lot of cars that despite what the brochures say the real range is around 200 so maybe the RZ isn’t to far adrift. 

Viewed the RZ at my local dealership last night. Very impressed. Was told that a software update is imminent that will extend the range "significantly". 

I do hope you’re right but are sceptical. The Battery is 74kw but usable is 64kw. Even if they open it up to 100% as Tesla then it will improve by about 30 miles. Good but they kept the 10% back so they could warranty the Battery 90% at 10 years. 
As I say I hope you are right - any chance of fettibg that from the dealer in writing ? 

40 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

I think there is zero chance for that

Yes I have to agree. Most of the time the sales person has very little knowledge on the cars they are selling and spurt out rubbish  information to keep the customer interested. I was told that the new RX500 would have the same 5.0 V8 as our GSF, when we were trying to make a decision between the RX and RZ 

Even if they changed their mind about protecting the Battery I can’t seem them going through all the testing again for say 30 miles more range. A couple of weeks ago, I read that Lexus was warning the dealers against exaggerating the range but explain why it was more accurate than other marques and stress the 90% after 10 years. 
I am definitely finding that even in the hot (for UK) weather and a lot of 70 mph driving that the 220 miles / 180 miles is accurate and doesn’t plunge like some others. As I said in an earlier post - it may not be the best range but it probably is the most accurate !

2 hours ago, wivenhoe said:

Even if they changed their mind about protecting the battery I can’t seem them going through all the testing again for say 30 miles more range. A couple of weeks ago, I read that Lexus was warning the dealers against exaggerating the range but explain why it was more accurate than other marques and stress the 90% after 10 years. 
I am definitely finding that even in the hot (for UK) weather and a lot of 70 mph driving that the 220 miles / 180 miles is accurate and doesn’t plunge like some others. As I said in an earlier post - it may not be the best range but it probably is the most accurate !

Hi Bob,

Well I just woke up and saw your comment. As I said in a previous comment, Toyota  have issued a software update for the BZ4 to increase the range by reducing the buffer and I should imagine this will apply to the RZ as well.  When I get back I will report on my near 200 mile motorway journey. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Anyway off to breakfast!

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, the 10 year warranty. Does this tell you to service the car every year? And beeing an EV what exactly do they do then and what is the annual cost? I think Kia has a similar thing and owners are protesting telling it is a hidden 5k surcharge as evs dont need maintenance?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links