Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thanks to those that helped me save my LS600hl last year from becoming an insurance right off. 

I now need everyone's help once more.  The CD side of my system is refusing to play. Also CD's are very hot when I've ejected them. Has any one got any ideas on what I could try to get it working, OR, does any one know of any experts in the Kent area. Once upon a time there were lots of vehicle entertainment repair shops operating, can't seem to find any these days, any recommendations gratefully received as I'm a pensioner and under a budget trying to keep my modern classic working . Thanks in advance Rick

If it's your favourite CD that you just can't stop playing, that can cause the disc to become warm. Don't think it would result in 'hot' though. If the laser is receiving power surges, it can heat the CD - a possibility.

Might sound daft but can you play the CD on another device without issue? - Just to make sure it isn't the disc.

Do you get any error messages on the display? - might narrow down the issue.

US forum general suggestion is - With the car off, hold down "seek up" and "disc" at the same time. Continue to hold the buttons and turn the car key to "ACC" mode. This immediately ejected the CDs and the word " SHIP" displayed on the screen. I pressed "LOAD" and that took it out of shipping mode and everything is working like normal.

Good your car is OK again Rick.

Very few cars with such power that is using no more fuel that it is close to acceptable to pay. Must be something close to driving a MB 300SEL 6.3L except that car was not at all having acceptable fuel consume.

If the disc used to function in the car and does play in other CD playing machines, the disc is OK.

Radios are in a rather warm place in the car, and normal that a disc gets warm, but not so hot it feels hot. Do not know if amplifier of audio system is where radio is in the car or if there is a fan keeping amplifier heat in acceptable range; in a 2008 rather expensive car that could be expected. The laser in the CD-player is not emitting heat that can make the disc feel warm.

The Laser used is such low power that you could never heat a disk with it, even though they are red/infrared lasers.
The heat will be coming from something else behind the dash or from the gearbox as that sits under there somewhere. Also remember that the 600h has an electric drive component so could be to do with that.

2 hours ago, Rick Morgan said:

I now need everyone's help once more. 

I don't know if this might help  .  REMAN is a business in Rochester Kent that appears from time to time sorting LS dash / speedo type stuff ...  maybe find them and give them a call .  just in case they can help maybe !

Good luck

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links