Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nav question - save location?

Hi folks - I’m very much enjoying my new 350h F Sport, it’s a great car but have a navigation question .

I’ve checked the digital manual but can’t so far find a way of saving a location to the Nav system. It would be helpful to do this for remote places without addresses etc..

Many thanks - Andy

2 hours ago, Andyml said:

Hi folks - I’m very much enjoying my new 350h F Sport, it’s a great car but have a navigation question .

I’ve checked the digital manual but can’t so far find a way of saving a location to the Nav system. It would be helpful to do this for remote places without addresses etc..

Many thanks - Andy

Presumably your car comes with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay? If so, forget the Lexus navigation and use What3Words combined with either Waze or Google Maps.

W3W uses a 3-word reference (such as can.mouse.table or washing.fire.cardboard) to pinpoint a location and is so accurate that the 3-word reference for the front door of your house will be different to the one for your back door. You simply get the 3-word ref for somewhere and then you get the opportunity to choose which mapping app to use for the actual navigation.

In your case, of course, when you get to a place that you want to save, you simply open W3W, it gives the ref for where you're stood, and then you just have to save it to your favourites.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 11:38 AM, wrightmtsj said:

See p88/89 of MM manual.

Screenshot_20230518_113221_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Many thanks for this Robin -will check it out fifthwith. 👍👍  

On 5/18/2023 at 1:03 PM, Herbie said:

Presumably your car comes with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay? If so, forget the Lexus navigation and use What3Words combined with either Waze or Google Maps.

W3W uses a 3-word reference (such as can.mouse.table or washing.fire.cardboard) to pinpoint a location and is so accurate that the 3-word reference for the front door of your house will be different to the one for your back door. You simply get the 3-word ref for somewhere and then you get the opportunity to choose which mapping app to use for the actual navigation.

In your case, of course, when you get to a place that you want to save, you simply open W3W, it gives the ref for where you're stood, and then you just have to save it to your favourites.

Hi Herbs, yes I’ve got the apple play etc which I’ll be exploring at some stage but thought I’d start with the Lexus stuff first. Bizarrely on a recent drive from west London along the great southwest road on a drive to East Sussex the Lexus system urged me to pop in to Terminsl,4 at LHR. When I ignored that it suggested Stanwell….good grief! ☹️

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links