Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus to unveil the all-new LBX

16 hours ago, P M R said:

Hello My wife is interested in the new LBX. Her present car is top of the range but all the "toys" are never used.

Therefore the basic model would be most suitable. The dealer has confirmed that all variants have push button start but the basic model only has a manual key to open and lock the doors.

I find this very difficult to accept in this day and age ? 

can anyone confirm this please? any comments most appreciated advance thanks Paul

That's why it's the basic model....keeps the price down....you want the better jam...pay the higher price ...simples !

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Can someone please tell me on why the BX is better than the UX. or have I got that wrong. To me, they appear to be the same car albeit with a slightly different design.

thanks 

Who said it was better?

I have sat in the LBX and it is much smaller inside than a UX.  I sat in a UX afterwards and it seemed very spacious compared, not something you would normally say about a UX.  I would say the boot looked bigger in the LBX (322 litres), but I am not sure what the UX size is, but it is much shallower.

I found it very snug and quite narrow with terrible rear leg room, but it is a smaller car so is to be expected.  Lovely dash board though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, stepppy said:

I would say the boot looked bigger in the LBX (322 litres), but I am not sure what the UX size is, but it is much shallower.

UX is essentially the same (320 litres up to the tonneau cover) but doesn't look as usable as the LBX because, as you say, it is much shallower.

35 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

To me, they appear to be the same car albeit with a slightly different design.

No, they are built on different platforms, in the same way that the Toyota C-HR and Yaris Cross are different to each other.

i used to drive a Mitsubishi 1500 4 cylinder which was fine, but a 3 cylinder I'm not so sure. Is the BX made in Japan, as it doesn't sound like it? 

Most manufactories from Japan source out 3-cylinder engines to South Korea 

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

i used to drive a Mitsubishi 1500 4 cylinder which was fine, but a 3 cylinder I'm not so sure. Is the BX made in Japan, as it doesn't sound like it? 

Most manufactories from Japan source out 3-cylinder engines to South Korea 

The LBX is made in Japan as is the engine. Toyota has made 3 cylinder engines in Japan (and other countries) for years. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The LBX is made in Japan as is the engine. Toyota has made 3 cylinder engines in Japan (and other countries) for years. 

Thanks for the clarification Colin 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Just been to a lexus showroom today. Most of the new models look like they would be more at home in a tarts bedroom than on the road. 

Not that I would know what a tarts bedroom looks like.🙄

• Haha 1

BTW Rant number two: The only transport that is suited to three cylinder engines are motorbikes. Kawasaki KH, BSA Rocket and Triumph Trident etc.  The only reason for that is that they take up less space and cost less to make than a four cylinder. But they do sound nice at full belt.  Otherwise they are overstressed in a car, especially a heavyweight object. They won't last.:bangin:

The original "Fueling" 3 cylinder... | Vintage motorcycle posters, Moto ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It looks like a harley shovelhead engine that someone has stuck an extra cylinder on.

| Harley-Davidson Triple Shovelhead: Tracking Down a Long-Lost Treasure (ironandair.com)

Here's another:

Brian Keating: It is an oddity for sure, and one that doesn’t jump out at you right away. It sneaks up on you. At first, it looks like a crusty FX Shovelhead. It’s like a queen or king in a peasant’s clothing perhaps. It started out as a 1982 Harley-Davidson FXE model. But with the additional cylinder, the machine work that needed to be done, and removal of the original serial and VIN number, it is considered a custom – a creation by the late, great Bobby Labrie.

harley-davidson-triple-cylinder-motorcycle-bobber-2

Alan Millyard is the expert in adding cylinders.

Kawa 3 turned into a 5

5-Cylinder Kawasaki 2-Stroke by Allen Millyard – BikeBound

Kawa 900 turned into a 6

Strider1's Garage & Car List - Shannons Club

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Lexus are struggling with pre-orders for the LBX. First 500 orders get a free service and now a relatively low interest rate and £500 deposit contribution - you don't normally get those offers until you have exhausted the initial interest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 6:36 PM, HPS13 said:

I had an email from a Lexus dealer last week asking if I was interested on the above mentioned deal on the LBX.

They told me that so far 140 / 500 orders had been taken. 

I think it’s safe to say the LBX is overpriced.

A top-spec Audi A1 comes in around £32k, you can get a really nice and larger Mercedes A class for £30-33k, similarly larger Mini Countryman also kicks off at £30k, and the Toyota Yaris (fractionally smaller) has a really nice top-trim around £25k (and can be had for £23k). The Yaris cross ranges from £25-31k. 

I think the base specification of the LBX is too stripped out (especially considering the Yaris & Yaris Cross). And there’s absolutely no justification in my mind for having 7 trims/specs on the LBX, so close together. I think Premium should have been the entry to the range at £30k, Premium Plus Design should have been next step up at around £32.5k, and you’d top the range with Takumi at £35k. It would still have a huge premium, but stack up better to its competitors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links