Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New member looking for first car

AJLexus

Hey guys - I’m looking for my first Lexus, I’m thinking gs300 maybe, seen a few good examples on AT , open to any suggestions or sale opportunities 

cheers

On 6/9/2023 at 10:13 PM, AJLexus said:

open to any suggestions

My first suggestion would be to establish your budget.

That will probably determine which year/condition/spec of GS300 could make your short list.

Personally I would avoid the 1st and 2nd generation models and be looking at the 3rd gen 2005-on.

This link may help

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_GS

Good luck with your search, feel free to post up any you fancy for further members’ advice and finally welcome to the LOC 😀

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey guys thanks for the questions, in terms of requirements, reliability (Ofcourse), cheap insurance and running cost and preferably a sunroof.

budget wise I wouldn’t want to spend more than 3 grand on my first L 

the 430 was my first thought as it looks pretty timeless, but I’ve heard running costs are steeper than you’d expect , there were several different gs’ at that budget but in the last few months the prices have soared

2 hours ago, AJLexus said:

Hey guys thanks for the questions, in terms of requirements, reliability (Ofcourse), cheap insurance and running cost and preferably a sunroof.

the 430 was my first thought as it looks pretty timeless, but I’ve heard running costs are steeper than you’d expect , there were several different gs’ at that budget but in the last few months the prices have soared

In all honesty I'm not sure you'll get something you'll be happy with for 3k. If you do it's likely to be a poor or high mileage example, and they can suffer from carbon build-up. I think it's after 2005 that the GS300 falls into the higher tax bracket. 

3 hours ago, AJLexus said:

If I’ve copied the link correctly, Autotrader is currently showing six GS 300 at under £3K.

At least it’ll give you some idea of what you get for that.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?advertising-location=at_cars&include-delivery-option=on&make=Lexus&model=GS 300&postcode=NN13 5YF&price-to=3000&sort=relevance&year-to=2023

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links