Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best tyres please

Steven9233

My Pirelli p-zero 18” tyres are dreadful ! They are coming up to a year old (only ) and have covered a mere 7k , little cracks all over look tired already . Cost a fortune , I won’t be buying them again . 
anyone have tyre suggestions for the IS250 ?  18” ?  Not interested in cornering like senna , just want grip and comfort and quiet as possible .  Michelin ?  Dunlop ?  Anyone have any experience of the best brand for these cars .  Top tip avoid Pirelli. ,complained after google showing many people with same complaint - they don’t want to know . 

I would say summer, UK has no winters and in real winter all seasons are useless anyway.

Continental good shout (perhaps Premium contact), although they often come-up as most expensive together with Michelins (I think currently Pilot Sport 5 would be the pick), both good but not great value for money. There are other good tyres - like Goodyear Asymmetric 6. Dunlops RT2 were good, but they are kind of old design now. 

Yep so those would be my choices Continental Premium Contact 6, Goodyear Asymmetric 6 or Michelin Pilot Sport 5. I would as well go size down (at least) on the rear - so 225/245.

Thanks all , I’ll have to let them run a bit longer then I’ll go with one of these suggestions . Will never buy Pirelli again , my wife’s car has relatively cheap tyres falkens and they twice as old but look half the age as mine . And that’s with her giving zero frigs about curbs / pot holes or 15 point turns .

8 hours ago, Steven9233 said:

Thanks all , I’ll have to let them run a bit longer then I’ll go with one of these suggestions . Will never buy Pirelli again , my wife’s car has relatively cheap tyres falkens and they twice as old but look half the age as mine . And that’s with her giving zero frigs about curbs / pot holes or 15 point turns .

Falkens were often praised by members of the Z4 forum I used to frequent, and were highly regarded for their all round abilities. You'd think if they were good enough for a sports car, then they should be good enough for most other users and their requirements. Might be worth a look see?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I would say summer, UK has no winters and in real winter all seasons are useless anyway.

... just not quite as useless as Summer tyres! 😉

Steve, I'd go for Goodyear Asymmetric, excellent grip, quiet and with longevity for miles of happy driving, not too expensive either ... well, not for the fronts anyway, the rears are bigger and pricier of course.

• Like 2

Hi I am also a fan of Goodyear Asymmetric ,just replaced worn goodyears with a new set Quieter than most and do not lose grip towards end of life like Dunlops I have had

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking into buying 4 new tires as well . From what I've read it seems like you can't go wrong with the Continental premium contact . I've got my eyes on 6 and 7 gen. Looks like the newer gen 7 is more loud but currently couple quid cheaper at Halfords £110 per tyre with fitting . I'm thinking about going with the newer gen 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links