Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beeps when exiting\locking car

Every so often my NX450 beeps four times when locking the car as if it's warning me about something. There's nothing in the footwells or on the seats, no unlocked doors or caps or anything else untoward.

Anyone else experienced this? Is there a way of finding out what causes the beeping?

Ah - found it.

If you ever opened the rear door from start to finish, your 2022 NX350 or 350h will beep about 5 times when you locked the car, this is to remind you to check whether you have left anything in the rear seats like your kids.

So it looks like it's simply telling me to check the back if the back doors have been opened at some point.

2 hours ago, BonzoSPB said:

Ah - found it.

So it looks like it's simply telling me to check the back if the back doors have been opened at some point.

Correct. You can switch this option off if you prefer.

On 6/30/2023 at 3:26 PM, Harrier Man said:

Correct. You can switch this option off if you prefer.

Please can you explain how to can turn this option off.

I've looked through the various vehicle settings on my NX350H and can't see any reference to this feature. Equally, I've searched through the PDF manual to no avail.

2 minutes ago, Fusspot said:

Please can you explain how to can turn this option off.

I've looked through the various vehicle settings on my NX350H and can't see any reference to this feature. Equally, I've searched through the PDF manual to no avail.

It should be in the manual at the rear with all the customisation setting options. It is set via the centre screen  Settings gear icon, vehicle customisation. 

On 6/30/2023 at 12:51 PM, BonzoSPB said:

… this is to remind you to check whether you have left anything in the rear seats like your kids.

Interesting.

What other things do they think you might have left that are ‘like your kids’ that might not actually be ‘your kids’?

Or do they really mean ‘such as’?

But be warned Sean, I doubt that disconnecting this useful system will be regarded as an acceptable excuse for misplacing less desirable family members?  😊

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links