Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Servicing - Hybrid Health check no longer included

On 7/3/2023 at 9:39 PM, Duggie B said:

If you want the peace of mind Relax warranty .....yes !!

Aren't we on a Lexus forum :).

You guys must be swimming in money to be able to justify paying £500 for a main dealer service when any independent garage will do it for half the cost.

I guess someone has to pay for the fancy show room and coffee machines :).

10 hours ago, rayaans said:

Its no different to any other premium manufacturer really.

Mercedes charge £1056 for 2 services and 2 MOTs for example. 

Why do people go to main dealers for servicing? What's the benefit apart from been ripped off?

17 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

List for a full service says:

Air filter (as required), Key Fob battery, Pollen Filter (charge if required), Refill Engine Oil, Replace Oil Filter, Replace Brake Fluid, Replace Engine Coolant, Replace Front & Rear Diff Oil, Transmission Oil.

Hold on, it says 'refill Engine oil' not 'Replace Engine oil', but at the same time Replace front & rear Diff oil - which is normally a sealed unit for 80-100k??!! 

Does the IS300H even have a front diff? 

Why would you not Replace the engine oil but Replace the engine coolant?

So pay £500+ to someone who doesn't seem to have a clue what they are doing??!! 

If that is the Lexua main dealer service schedule than there are cars going around with engine oil that's never been replaced, but new diff oil every year??!!!

Utter madness, expensive and clueless it seems.

21 minutes ago, ganzoom said:

Hold on, it says 'refill Engine oil' not 'Replace Engine oil', but at the same time Replace front & rear Diff oil - which is normally a sealed unit for 80-100k??!! 

If that is the Lexua main dealer service schedule than there are cars going around with engine oil that's never been replaced, but new diff oil every year??!!!

You pays your money, you makes your choice....can I ask why you seem "appalled" at those that do have servicing done at main dealer.

Don't have a pop at those that want security of having their vehicles serviced where they choose, I for one am not "clueless".....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ganzoom said:

Probably just the wording. The oil definitely does get replaced rather than just topped up.

The IS300H doesn't have a front diff but it's a generic service schedule so just includes it for cars which might have it. Diff change won't be every year either. 

4 hours ago, ganzoom said:

Why do people go to main dealers for servicing? What's the benefit apart from been ripped off?

The Lexus relax warranty as a previous poster mentioned. I get Lexus cars tend to be reliable but should something fail the price difference pays for itself. Think of it like 3rd party warranty but cheaper. Some people don't mind paying a bit more for peace of mind. Also refill/replace just sounds like semantics to me. I have always seen new oil at every service both major / minor. 

On 7/4/2023 at 12:17 PM, Bluemarlin said:

That's interesting Colin. On my service contract, the only thing that's marked as carrying an extra charge (if required) is the aircon/pollen filter. I can't see how they can add an additional charge for coolant when the service cost is higher to cover for such things.

List for a full service says:

Air filter (as required), Key Fob battery, Pollen Filter (charge if required), Refill Engine Oil, Replace Oil Filter, Replace Brake Fluid, Replace Engine Coolant, Replace Front & Rear Diff Oil, Transmission Oil.

To be honest I find it a little confusing as to what's supposed to be done, as opposed to what's done "as required". My next service is a full one, so I'll take my service contract in and confirm with them what will actually get done.

Yes.. It Is A Bit Of A Grey Area But Checked my dealership and they say The hybrid Battery service is still free with the annual service check Full Or Itermediary...Confusing topic i Think..!!

• Like 1

If you take the time to get a quotation for Lexus hybrid model  warranty from a third party you see how cost effective Lexus servicing with Relax warranty is. And you need to add the cost of the service its self from any independent!!

It's still worth while paying for the extended warranty for over 10 year old models. If fact the third party warranty for over 10year or 100k is very limited cover.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Djwbiker said:

If you take the time to get a quotation for Lexus hybrid model  warranty from a third party you see how cost effective Lexus servicing with Relax warranty is. And you need to add the cost of the service its self from any independent!!

It's still worth while paying for the extended warranty for over 10 year old models. If fact the third party warranty for over 10year or 100k is very limited cover.

The Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty covers cars up to 15 years old or 150,000 miles whichever comes first after the Relax warranty runs out (which is at at 10 years old or 100k miles whichever comes first). It's about £500 a year but includes the Lexus Roadside Assistance (so £155 of the £500) and the cover is very good (if anything slightly better than Relax). However for the warranty be valid the car must be serviced according to the service schedule by a Lexus dealer which may put some people off. But if you want to run an older Lexus with much the same cover as a nearly new car it's hard to beat the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

The Lexus 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty covers cars up to 15 years old or 150,000 miles whichever comes first after the Relax warranty runs out (which is at at 10 years old or 100k miles whichever comes first). It's about £500 a year but includes the Lexus Roadside Assistance (so £155 of the £500) and the cover is very good (if anything slightly better than Relax). However for the warranty be valid the car must be serviced according to the service schedule by a Lexus dealer which may put some people off. But if you want to run an older Lexus with much the same cover as a nearly new car it's hard to beat the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty. 

I Understood that the lexus Roadside Assistance only was available free included with the first 3 years Thereafter you would have to pay £155 per year if you wanted to extend it yearly...It is not included in the Annual Lexus Relax Warranty after the first three years.. Am I right in saying That..? Cause i just got a bill from lexus asking for £155 if i wanted to extend my Roadside assistance as my car being three years old is NOT now covered by the initial Manufactures Warranty..!!

17 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

I Understood that the lexus Roadside Assistance only was available free included with the first 3 years Thereafter you would have to pay £155 per year if you wanted to extend it yearly...It is not included in the Annual Lexus Relax Warranty after the first three years.. Am I right in saying That..? Cause i just got a bill from lexus asking for £155 if i wanted to extend my Roadside assistance as my car being three years old is NOT now covered by the initial Manufactures Warranty..!!

The Lexus Roadside Assistance (LRA) is as you say included for 3 years for a brand new car but LRA is NOT included as part of the free Relax service initiated (up to 10 years / 100k mile) warranty and so must be purchased separately. However LRA IS included still in the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty (that can be purchased annually from when Relax does not apply anymore until the car is 15 years old (or 150k miles whichever comes sooner). I think this is a hangover from the old Extended Warranty (before Relax came about) that also included LRA that could be purchased after the car was 3 years old. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links