Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Servicing - Hybrid Health check no longer included

Just checking my eyes are not deceiving me...

Anyone else noticed that the Hybird Health Check is no longer included as part of the standard service, have to add it on?

Considering the hybrid system is an integral part of a hybrid powered vehicle, why would it's servicing now be optional? 🤔

Don't forget to tick if booking online, if you forget and then you do have an issue with the system, you'll be missing the warranty cover.

36 minutes ago, Maxz said:

Just checking my eyes are not deceiving me...

Anyone else noticed that the Hybird Health Check is no longer included as part of the standard service, have to add it on?

Considering the hybrid system is an integral part of a hybrid powered vehicle, why would it's servicing now be optional? 🤔

Don't forget to tick if booking online, if you forget and then you do have an issue with the system, you'll be missing the warranty cover.

This is from the Lexus UK website:

HYBRID HEALTH CHECK
Get the most from your Lexus Hybrid vehicle with an annual Hybrid Health Check. An annual Hybrid Health Check is free of charge as part of any Lexus Service. If your service isn’t due for a while, a standalone Hybrid Health check is available for just £59 for your peace of mind.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

This is from the Lexus UK website:

HYBRID HEALTH CHECK
Get the most from your Lexus Hybrid vehicle with an annual Hybrid Health Check. An annual Hybrid Health Check is free of charge as part of any Lexus Service. If your service isn’t due for a while, a standalone Hybrid Health check is available for just £59 for your peace of mind.

As below, it is now separate and charged on top of the service price...

Screenshot_20230703_195835_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, Maxz said:

It's still included with the service but also listed separately in case you want to order the hybrid health check as a standalone check without a service. I used the website as you have shown for my last service and only checked the service box and when I collected the car they had done the hybrid health check too for free as per the website copy I quoted. They give you a pass certificate once it's completed. So no worries about paying extra for the hybrid health check is you are having service done. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Maxz said:

Open up the "whats included" on the service.

It clearly states "Carry out hybrid healthcheck"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Maxz said:

Because its not needed and there is nothing to 'service'?

The traction Battery in our EV had done 65k, its never been 'serviced' and nor is there anything to 'service'. The BMS will tell you if there an error, an annual 'check' isn't going to pick or prevent errors in the traction Battery.

16 minutes ago, Maxz said:

£580 for a service!! Are people just accepting these prices these days.....the OEM cost of the oil/filter will be less than £100.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wharfhouse said:

They give you a pass certificate once it's completed.

Should also be recorded in the service history on your vehicles smart phone connected app / web portal.  

My Toyota had first service & also the hybrid health check at the same time, both are separate entries in the app service history. 

HHC.png

1 hour ago, ganzoom said:

£580 for a service!! Are people just accepting these prices these days.....the OEM cost of the oil/filter will be less than £100.

If you want the peace of mind Relax warranty .....yes !!

• Like 2

You are all right, it's me not looking properly 🤓 Futher down the list right near the bottom it is there. Strange that the website lets you tick it anyway, you'd think if you picked a service option it would block/grey out the hybrid health check option!? 

8 minutes ago, Maxz said:

You are all right, it's me not looking properly 🤓 Futher down the list right near the bottom it is there. Strange that the website lets you tick it anyway, you'd think if you picked a service option it would block/grey out the hybrid health check option!? 

Yes you're right with that - ticking service should logically mean can't tick hybrid health check - but I don't think the developers were thinking that through - it's all a bit basic to be honest - all it does is get the request lodged with the dealer and then they discuss with you what you want doing in detail anyway. 

2 hours ago, ganzoom said:

Yes an outrageous amount, just like dentists, VET’s or any trades in the UK at this time, yet if you try to charge “them” around £100+ph they would have a fit.

Can we buy this level of relax warranty on the open market I Wonder (?)

We know how much the Battery check costs £50 ish from other posters so there could be a tidy saving by skipping the “free” (lol) tea & coffee in the polished dealership.

15 hours ago, ganzoom said:

True, but in theory that service should also include a brake fluid change, engine coolant change, as well as differential oil change. I pay £460 for the full service, after discount on my service plan, which I don't think is too bad.

2 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

that would be an additional charge and is only done initially at 100k miles then every 50k miles.

That's interesting Colin. On my service contract, the only thing that's marked as carrying an extra charge (if required) is the aircon/pollen filter. I can't see how they can add an additional charge for coolant when the service cost is higher to cover for such things.

List for a full service says:

Air filter (as required), Key Fob Battery, Pollen Filter (charge if required), Refill Engine Oil, Replace Oil Filter, Replace Brake Fluid, Replace Engine Coolant, Replace Front & Rear Diff Oil, Transmission Oil.

To be honest I find it a little confusing as to what's supposed to be done, as opposed to what's done "as required". My next service is a full one, so I'll take my service contract in and confirm with them what will actually get done.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

Yes you're right with that - ticking service should logically mean can't tick hybrid health check - but I don't think the developers were thinking that through - it's all a bit basic to be honest - all it does is get the request lodged with the dealer and then they discuss with you what you want doing in detail anyway. 

Why not deal with dealer service desk in person....I find that approach much better.

6 minutes ago, Duggie B said:

Why not deal with dealer service desk in person....I find that approach much better.

Dealers are moving to a central call centre now for servicing - at least for those groups with multiple dealerships (Jemca that I use being one of them) which makes it more difficult to speak to a person on the service desk directly (as they are often already on the phone). For myself, I'm happy completing an initial form on the web as the dealer then calls me back before the scheduled service (or whatever) to confirm details etc. and I don't have to waste my time trying to get in touch / waiting on the phone. For dealers that aren't in a group it may be easier to get through to the service desk straight away, in which case I would probably do that.

12 minutes ago, Duggie B said:

Remember your discount if you are a member of the L.O.C. This should be taken of the cost of a full or intermediary service But not discounted of an M.O.T.

2 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Remember your discount if you are a member of the L.O.C. This should be taken of the cost of a full or intermediary service But not discounted of an M.O.T.

I have secured a 10% discount on MOT's as an LOC member at Steven Eagell.

5 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

That's interesting Colin. On my service contract, the only thing that's marked as carrying an extra charge (if required) is the aircon/pollen filter. I can't see how they can add an additional charge for coolant when the service cost is higher to cover for such things.

Service plans are normally priced based on the services you actual need. e.g. the cost of a plan that includes a 20k and 30k service will be different to one that includes a 100k and 110k service - so yes, your plan should include everything that is needed. Strange that they are asking for an extra charge for the pollen filter, they should be changed every 20k miles regardless - not inspected and only changed as required.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

Dealers are moving to a central call centre now for servicing - at least for those groups with multiple dealerships (Jemca that I use being one of them) which makes it more difficult to speak to a person on the service desk directly (as they are often already on the phone). For myself, I'm happy completing an initial form on the web as the dealer then calls me back before the scheduled service (or whatever) to confirm details etc. and I don't have to waste my time trying to get in touch / waiting on the phone. For dealers that aren't in a group it may be easier to get through to the service desk straight away, in which case I would probably do that.

I use Jemca Sidcup (for the 300h) and I've always popped in on my home from work to book our car in and also secure a courtesy car with the service desk, something the call centre, in my experience , are not always obliging to do especially for a Saturday booking.

4 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Even if you purchase a service plan ?

2 minutes ago, Duggie B said:

I use Jemca Sidcup (for the 300h) and I've always popped in on my home from work to book our car in and also secure a courtesy car with the service desk, something the call centre, in my experience , are not always obliging to do especially for a Saturday booking.

I use Jemca Reading - if I could drop by on my way somewhere I probably would but it means taking a drive into the centre of Reading for me which can be a very time consuming exercise as Reading gets very clogged up with traffic... 

23 hours ago, ganzoom said:

Its no different to any other premium manufacturer really.

Mercedes charge £1056 for 2 services and 2 MOTs for example. 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links