Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supension parts suppliers for Lexus LS430

DJT

Hi which supplier is best for upper ball joints on front and rear suspension arm ball joints. Where can I find part numbers for these parts.

Thanks

David

Thanks

David

Lexus Main dealer  .  Toyota Main Dealer  OR sensibly Amayama and Rockauto 

You're going to be spending a fortune even at discounted prices methinks

Malc

Malc1 yeah going to cost ££££. Lexus quoted me £1600 fitted😥. Steep but should out last me. 300k miles and 20 years of use original parts have lasted very well. Seen wishbone with ball joint on eBay very cheap . Cheap means issues and buy twice. 2 wishbones for £120 delivered has set of alarm bells to avoid at all costs. 

7 hours ago, DJT said:

Malc1 yeah going to cost ££££. Lexus quoted me £1600 fitted😥. Steep but should out last me. 300k miles and 20 years of use original parts have lasted very well. Seen wishbone with ball joint on Ebay very cheap . Cheap means issues and buy twice. 2 wishbones for £120 delivered has set of alarm bells to avoid at all costs. 

I know I've posted about this before but I would trust Rockauto for these sort of parts.  When I asked Lexus for a price for two upper control arms it was into four figures, Rock were £93 delivered for the pair, and they weren't the cheapest they had! The quality was excellent, and knowing how the Americans love to sue, I don't think a big company like Rockauto would take that risk. I'm only speaking from experience and I wouldn't hesitate buying from them again.

David  ..  I think Steve2006 on here will advise you on likely part nos.  .........  I'm amazed the originals are still on the car .......  Likely lifespan about half that in reality .......... are you sure they weren't changed at about 200k miles ?

The cheapest and BluePrint possibly just won't last too long ....... OEM might be available from Amayama .......  mine all came in Toyota stamped plastic bags all those years back for my Ls400

And the BluePrint one I bought initially only lasted about 45k miles !  .  a lifetime of course for many

it might be that stockists might be wanting to shift old redundant stock at silly prices these days of course ...........  BUT  Amayama and Rockauto could be your best bet

Good luck

Malc

• Like 1

The-acre I've used rockauto for parts when I had an american RV. They are very good and efficient. Only took 2 days to reach UK. Then another 3 weeks to get to me. Stuck in a customs warehouse until carrier picked them up. 

• Like 1

Hi Malc1 they might well of been replaced but have lasted well. Roads up here full of potholes small large deep and shallow even with careful driving you still can't avoid them. ☹️

personally i would wait until you get an MOT Advisory before spending out on all this very expensive stuff  .....  how was the last MOT ?

Malc

8 hours ago, DJT said:

The-acre I've used rockauto for parts when I had an american RV. They are very good and efficient. Only took 2 days to reach UK. Then another 3 weeks to get to me. Stuck in a customs warehouse until carrier picked them up. 

When ordering from Rock you need to specify FedEx economy, that way taxes will be included and parts will arrive within the week, I've never waited more than 5 days. If you opt for other post systems you can get stuck with customs etc. FedEx have been brilliant.

• Thanks 1

Malc1 the ball joints where an advisory on last MOT. Got impression from lexus dealer to replace ASAP. Worn ball joints might explain the very slight knocking sound/vibration going over rippled tarmac. 

If you're replacing the upper joints, and its not a bad job to do, I would be doing the drop links and sway bar bushes at the same time. Remember you need to remove the shock absorbers to do it.

• Like 1

For OEM Amayama are the cheapest ( well OK there’s nothing cheap for a Lexus!) but you still save around 40% on UK prices even adding the VAT into the equation.

You would be looking around a grand for all 4 UCAs but they would be genuine parts.

To give you some idea 😀

IMG_0690.png

IMG_0691.png

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DJT said:

The-Acre I have air suspension but wouldn't of thought that would make replacement any more difficult.

The procedure is the same for air or springs, the strut has to be removed to get the upper control arm bolts out. The air strut is fixed in the same way as springs, three nuts at the top and one bolt at the bottom. The only difference is you have to disconnect the airline. If you invest in the correct airline removal tool it will save you many frustrating moments! It's only a little plastic thing but probably won't be plastic money!

• Thanks 1

David, wow then, looks a tad expensive BUT you do have an amazing car and probably well worth investing in her if you're holding her long term

Malc

WMalc not planning on selling my car as its scratching an itch I've had for years. The desire to own a V8. If I hadn't of bought a Lexus V8 then it would of been a chevy V8 beast. Parts would be cheaper but quality would not of been in Lexus league. American domestic cars are not built to European or far east standards. Nearly bought an AMC eagle which took jeep 4wd system and stuck it under a normal car body. 

Malc LS430 is probably at its cheapest now before serious car enthusiasts catch on to how good they are. Another way of looking at it is. Car is paid for so only need running repairs maintenance. Add these costs to purchase price and spread it over a couple of years and it's still a cheap car to run compared to a 3-5 year car loan plus all the maintenance and repairs on top of repayments. Lexus OEM parts are expensive but life span is phemonal. How many cars apart from Lexus and pre 90s Mercs are built to the best spec possible. When Merc ditched there pre 90s standards they almost went to the bottom of reliability table from the top of table. 

As I often say …… our Lexus’ are phenomenal ….. with a little tlc and £££ our cars will likely keep on and on and on and pay for themselves many times over …… when others are chopping and changing and spending £500 a month for a very average car, for the rest of time …….. and average cars have long way back gone to the crusher and oblivion ……

Keeping our delightful steeds is incredibly “green” for the planet …… and our pockets …… AND our personal comfort and driving security …… 

We’re all £££quids in pursuing a degree of relative inexpensive personal motoring excellence …… 😇

Malc 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links